more images

is there a way to add more images to the product detail page?

i would like to be able to upload about up to 4 images in the admin area. 1 being the main images, an the rest would be thumbnails that a customer could click on and get an enlarged picture in the product detail page.

if this is possible can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank-you,

Ned

Guest vrakas

Hi Ned,

as you are new here i suggest you perform a search prior to posting but since this is your 1st post here it is. ;)

From your admin, click on the view products link.

In the page that comes up, you are presented with a table thats lists all your products. In the middle is the thumbnail image for your product. UNDERNEATH that thumbnail, is a link, "Manage Images", if you click that link, it opens a popup window displaying all the other images you have in your uploads folder. You can then select any other image to be displayed WITH the current one [via the "more images" link, that is].

Hope this helps B)

Guest oloonat

Hi

I tried exactly as above BUT I get a "404 not found" error in the popup window instead of the image I added using Manage Images. Then I removed the image and it still shows "[+] More Images" under the main product image (even though there aren't any extra images) and I still get the 404 if I click it as well!

I've tried adding images for other products too and always get the 404. Then when I remove the extra image(s) then "[+] More Images" doesn't go away.

Am I doing something wrong?

The page it can't find is :

java script:openPopUp('extra/prodImages.php?productId=24', 'images', 548,455,0);

All help gladly received.

Thanks.

Guest vrakas

oloonat why dont you try the search?

This also has been posted here, try it.

Open popup/prodImages.php

Add

$config = fetchDbConfig("config");

After

include_once("../classes/db.inc.php");

$db = new db();

If you upgraded you cart make sure the template link is for extra/prodImages.php and not popup/prodImages.php

Have a look at skins/*/styleTemplates/content/viewProd.tpl

:D

Guest oloonat

Thanks for your help but it still doesn't work. I now get this error in the popup window :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetchdbconfig() in /home/flojycou/public_html/cubecart/extra/prodImages.php on line 36

I'm a noob so I'll tell you exactly what I did. I assumed you meant extra/prodimages.php (not popup/prodimages.php). I downloaded it to my PC, created a backup copy, added the one line, saved it, then uploaded to server again. Now my prodimages.php looks like this :

// initiate db class

include_once("../classes/db.inc.php");

$db = new db();

include_once("../includes/functions.inc.php");

Notice there are two lines in this section which are the same. I've tried removing one and it still gives the same error.

Sorry to be a pain here but I've done a search in the forum and can't find a post for this new problem. I can now see the post for doing the edit you gave me so thanks for that, I had my search parameter set to search posts 'within 30 days' before.

Any ideas?

Thanks.