Product Options

Guest Denver Dave

We may be right behind you on this one. I have a client that sells candles in two sizes - 10 oz and 4 oz at different prices. Can we have a size option that sells at different prices or should we place both the 10 oz and 4 oz products in as separate products. I was wondering how stores that have several product sizes for a product that sell at different prices handle this.

Thanks.

Guest Denver Dave

Stock tracking with product options.

Let's say we have 10 pair of shoes and that quantity shows. We have an option for size and an option for color.

What good is knowing we have 10 pair if we don't know how many brown size 12 shoes we have?

Also if a customer just clicks on the buy button from the product list, they get the default size 2 pink.

How are other's dealing with this? Are you setting up separate products for every size / color combination? That doesn't seem like a good idea either.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

Well I see two things.

1) the Cart itself is not showing the product # which is a problem, it is not getting passed on the the order

2) the second thing is that you have "_" in the product numbers which was causing problems for me as well.

I would try two things to correct this problem:

1) replace the cart file in the skins/templates folder with a clean copy and see if it corrects it if not;

2) change the product numbers to exclude the "_" and try that

Hope this helps... let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING--- JUST IN CASE THERE IS ANY MORE PROBELMS.