Home Page Images

Guest ecollins

Guest ecollins

Ok I might just be a noob, but I can not get images to show on home page or anywhere the thumbs are suppose to be, just shows the image not avail.

They upload fine and they work on actual product page, just not anywhere thumb nail is suppose to be.

THanks for any help!

Guest ecollins

www.statically.com/store

I have already uploaded the thumbs for the products I have entered.

my problem is with the auto thumb nails so i do not have to make them and then up load them.

Guest vrakas

You have a test 2 product and on more images you get

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/static/public_html/store/extra/prodImages.php on line 110

Test 2

I think you should remove this if you dont need it :D

Guest ecollins

I really do not see how the last comment has anything to do with my problem.

I am looking for a solution to the images problem.

Why is the program not uploading images to the thumbs directory.

If you want to figure out what is wrong with test2 tell me why it is not located in a category.

Click on the category it says it is in and find it.

I would appreciate find a way to get the thumbs automated.

Guest vrakas

ecollins Sorry for pointing out something, i will not do this to you again.

If you want to figure out what is wrong with test2 tell me why it is not located in a category.

Not really :lol:

Good Luck :D

By the way the solution is posted in this forum, i suggest you perform a search. :D

There's something a bit strange going on:

In IE it looks reasonably OK, but in Firefox / Opera the logo is almost totally covered by the Info, Featured Prod. and Cart boxes.

When clicking around the prod's / cat's, the logo is sometimes covered up, sometimes not. Very odd.

I agree with vrakas that dumping the Test categories is a good idea. I found for some reason pics I put into the default "test" category didn't show up either.

I'm sorry I can't point you to the exact cause of the problem(s), but I just don't know. I suspect changes to CSS and/or Tables may have resulted in your woes.

Assuming that you made a backup of all orginal unchanged files, and kept a record of your mods step-by-step, I'd start by doing a little back-tracking with mods until things start looking as you wish.

Strongly suggest loading latest ver's of IE, Opera and Moz/Firefox and always checking in each to ensure things look correct.

Sorry can't be more help at this stage.

Guest ecollins

There are 0 mods on this site 0,

never mind I will go to Oscommerce, this is about the most useless Support forum I have ever seen.

No one on here has answers to anything about the program. If there is no one with answers there is not a program.

When There is a program with no one that knows how to repair it or work on it, it just makes it another junk waste of time opensource project that seems to be dropped to the bottom of the lake.

No mods? Strange, I coulda sworn I saw your logo instead of CC's; hmmmm maybe it does cause blindness after all.

FTR, I tried Zen, Os and Cube extensively (multiple versions, multiple platforms, multiple config's and mods) before settling on Cube as the best choice (that's "best", not "perfect", as nothing is).

Unlike Os and Zen, CC is not OS; it simply has a free version available; the source code is not.

As well as testing the prog's, I checked Os and Zen forums as well (and CC's of course). CC's forum produced the fastest and most helpful responses (the others weren't bad, just not as good).

Of course the secrets to getting helpful responses is to ask meaningful questions, complete with helpful tech info to assist those kind enough to help you. Whilst not mandatory, it's also appreciated by forum members for one to submit a tip or two and to help others. I always try to say "thanks" when people help me, as they often do, and try to give a little back to the community with a tip or two as well. People have always thanked me, which I appreciate.

Cube Cart works. Period. So does OsCommerce and ZenCart; I just happen to prefer CC, mainly because I feel it's written a little better, and it's easier to modify. It also interfaces with free transaction gateways which is a big plus IMHO.

Like 99% of folks on this and other forums, I have much more directly financially productive things to do than answer questions from someone I've never met and don't know, and knows less about this prog than I do. On the other hand, I'm still a pretty dumb schmuck, and so I really appreciate the help others give me, even if it's not always the quick-fix answer I'd like. Having been helped one helluva lot over the years, I reckon the least I can do is at least attempt to give a little back.

I hope you find OsCommerce to your satisfaction.

Guest vrakas

I agree with vrakas that dumping the Test categories is a good idea. I found for some reason pics I put into the default "test" category didn't show up either.

Thanks brook

Free of choice on what someone wants to use but also free of choice is on whom you want to help if he/she wants to be helped, but good manners is a must :wacko:

Good luck :w00t: