PHP errors

Guest prospero

Guest prospero

Hi - I hope someone can help with this ...

I just installed CC (3.0.1) for the second time, having generated errors first time. In the /admin section I'm getting:

"Warning: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2244

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/language/en/lang.inc.php:2244) in /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/language/en/lang.inc.php:2244) in /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 38"

and in the root section, above the main screen, I'm getting:

"Warning: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/sites/site245/web/cubecart/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2244"

Everything appears to be where it's supposed to be - what's happening here?

S

Have you uploaded the global.inc.php file after modifying it to suit your database settings?

In the read me it should read global.inc.php not global.inc.pgp in the manual method d.

Guest guckenfroovin

This may sound silly but...

your errors sound like what happens when there is a blank line after the closing ?> in a php file.

By any chance have you used (your webhost's) control panel to make edits to your lang.inc.php file? If so, there is probably at least one blank line at the end of the file now.

for whatever reason, php is VERY finicky about blank lines trailing the end of the program code... be sure the files mentioned in your errors (starting with lang.inc.php) have no blank space following the last ?>

For future reference, be sure to do any editing of .php files using a reliable php editing software. I use (and like) a freeware editor called PHPEdit.

*crossing fingers*

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Guest TVBanks98

I had the same problem in various places .... looks like there's no path coded on the include statement in the language files (among other places??).

To correct it I added the following line at the end of my 'global.inc.php' file:

ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path').';'.$glob['rootDir'].'/includes/');

This appends the full path of the CubeCart includes folder to the current include_path using the glob array set up in the global include file. Should play nice with the install script and would not cause any problems for those not experiencing any problem with includes. Might not be a bad idea to add it to 3.0.6 (*hint* *hint*).

Seems to be working like a champ now.....

• 7 months later...
Guest The Writing Tutor

Not silly at all!!!!

You just solved my problem. The ironic thing is that the spaces existed all along, but did not become a problem until I changed ONE word. I thought my change caused the problem, so I changed it back, but the problem persisted. I eliminated 5 or 6 blank lines that followed ?> in the global.inc.php file and the error messages have disappeared.

Now I can return to trying to figure out my original problem.

Thanks!