Controlling item display

Guest eeadmin

Guest eeadmin

So I have a page any page in that displays items or categories in cube cart seems a little half hazard. The list starts to build a little row and columns structure, but gets very interrupted by the name text length and the proportions of the images. Is there a clever way to fix this?

I am sure somebody has looked at this before and figured it out.

Thanks in advance!

You can adjust the thumbnail image size in admin under general settings.

If you have long product/category names they will extend out, either reduce the length of the name or re-arrnge the store layout so everything fits in nicely, e.g. remove all the right hand boxes and place underneath the left side boxes in index.tpl.php this will open the store up a little

Guest eeadmin

I wonder if there is a way for it to police the length of the product name. That is what is really kiling us. Also some items are oriented differently (portrait/landscape) and when the product is resized it creates a little bit of disconnect.

• 1 year later...

I wonder if there is a way for it to police the length of the product name. That is what is really kiling us. Also some items are oriented differently (portrait/landscape) and when the product is resized it creates a little bit of disconnect.

I know it's a old post but i have the same problem as eeadmin, is there any way to control the length of the text like it's done in the shopping cart section. Maybe if someone can point me to the code that controls the length of the text in the shopping cart section i can apply that for the index.tpl file for the random products on the frontpage.

Any help would be much apreciated.

It would be very helpful to us in helping you if you would PLEASE provide the URL of your sites. Without it we cannot help you.

The site isn't online yet, and I don't think i can put it more clearly. Let me try. The shopping cart list on the frontpage of the standard legend skin limits the amount of characters of each product in that list so that if the product description is very long it doesn't take up too much space. I would like to know what does that so i can apply that somewhere else like the latest products on the frontpage.

Another example of text length capping is when you go to any category (with no sub-category) and look at the product listing they are all capped at 120 chars which you can change in the admin controls somewhere. That's what i am interested in, the text length capping...

What code does that?

Look in layout.css

#subCats {

background-color: #EBEDFE;

text-align: center;

border: 1px solid #C9CEFC;

margin: 0px;

padding: 3px;

float: left;

width: 387px;

}

.subCat {

padding: 8px;

width: 110px;

}

I don't know of any 'capping' code but I do know the width of the box will determine how much text will fit.

Look in layout.css

#subCats {

background-color: #EBEDFE;

border: 1px solid #C9CEFC;

margin: 0px;

padding: 3px;

width: 387px;

}

.subCat {

padding: 8px;

width: 110px;

}

I don't know of any 'capping' code but I do know the width of the box will determine how much text will fit.

Thanks for the quick replies Roban, i see u have a point there but still not quite what i am after. I've been fidling with it and i at least know where to look now but still no idea what cuts off the text in the shopping cart box. If you have a product called: Super duper wonder spray. It becomes: 1 x Super Dupe.. €5,00, or something like that. I have changed the font in there so now it says:

1 x Super Du

pe.. €5,00

instead of the original:

1 x Super Dupe.. €5,00

Where can i edit this? I can't find much in /boxes/shoppingCart.tpl.