Couple of questions from 1st time user!

Guest vince

Hi,

I am a newbie with not too much experience here and have a cple of questions...

I first installed V3.0 using Fantastico and it was fine than I decided to install V3.0.2 because it has French which the 3.0 did not have.

I deleted 3.0 and installed 3.0.2 from scratched.

I went fine and I can work in the admin no problem.

But...I cant see the shop! The link does not work :-(

I got a page with a list of the folders (admin, classes, docs, etc...)

Next question is, how could I get rid of the languages I do not need on the shop?

Last question, how can i use shipping on value basis? (ie: $1 for total under $10, $2 for total between $11 and $40, etc....)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Vincent

Guest shawnlovebaobao

hi, for your first questiont that i had met before, go to your FTP client, and delete the file called install under your upload folder for CC3, then retry to see your shop via url , it would work

Guest shawnlovebaobao

humm, not sure what is happenning now, but one thing for sure is after you did a uprade you always have to delete your \install folder

vince, i am sorry i can't give you any further solutions since i am a newbie myself and have been in this forum for many days to learn something hehe

good luck, you might need to waite the CC assitant, and open a ticket

Thanks very much Shawn!

I actually did not upgrade bu installed from scratched (dunno if that makes a difference?)

Might indeed open a ticket. From experience, how are they handling tix? Is it sort of quick? or is the forum a better option?

Vincent

A URL would help.

Where do you "think" you installed it?

When you say it isn't there, do you get a 404 page not found,, a blank page, or what?

If you did it manually, did you create a blank databse first, using PHPmyAdmin or similar?

You can use your FTP prgram to see where the cubecart folder is.....

Did you uninstall the old version from Fantastico before you did the mnaual install?

You did a full UPLOAD folder and not just the upgrade I presume.

The short answer might be to install again, and watch VERY carefully, where you are sticking it, database details and so on.

The forum is usually quickest as there are 1000's of members on here.