Upgrading

Guest becky

I just used Fantastico to install Cubecart version 2.0.6. I would like to upgrade to version 3.

Do I just FTP the files in the upgrade fold to my server. If so where do I put them?

Thank You,

Becky :)

Guest shawnlovebaobao

hi becky, i suggest you to aovide some unnecessary installing troubles by just creatig a new folder in your database for CC3. . go to your webhosting control panel and open your MySql manage and then creata new datebase , you can assign a name like cubecart3. then asssign a user name for this database, rememer when you assiggn the new user to cubecart3 databas, you need to click all pribilieges for this user to be able to access all permissions later in the installation of cubecart3 . after you create databe and asssign a new user for it.

then go to your FTP and create a new folder called cubecart3 , then upload all the folder name called upload from CC3 files to FTP under cubecart3........

then last one is go to your browse and type what ever your domain name is:

www. yourdomain.com\cubecart3 you will see the file called upload then click on it it will direct you to installation process

Guest shawnlovebaobao

when you go step by step in the installation process, you will asked to provide dabase user name password, database host name:

you can find all these information in your Myswl database in your webhosting control panel, and remember pu localhost in the name for databse hosting name

then you will be ok

Guest tbladecki

I have to agree with "shawnlovebaobao" I went thru updateing each version to the next and when I got to the last one 3.0.2 it errored... I deleted everything and just downloaded the files from here directly shich saved me countless additional grey hairs... much easier to do a "clean" install if you dont already have a store in place and running.... IMO :(