Stock Levels

Guest raceinc

Guest raceinc

I have a store which sells clothing items. The clothing comes in various sizes and sometimes various colors.

How can the "Use Stock Level" be used for this type of store?

For instance, if I have a shirt and have 6 small sizes and 12 larges in inventory, how can I setup the shop to disallow ordering the small t-shirt when all 6 are gone but still allow it to sell the 12 large sized shirts?

What if I add another variable to the t-shirt by having it available in either red or blue in addition to small and large?

From what I see, CubeCart works fine for out of stock items if the item does not have any options such as sizes or colors.

Thanks for any ideas you may have!

Lou

Guest sgolds

Cubecart doesn't work well (e.g. at all) for tracking the stock of options. I have the same problem with v.2 and was hoping that it would be addressed with v.3 or that one of the gurus would be willing to write a mod. Evilhomer hinted about it months ago but having seen anything.

Still love the product and planning on moving forward and incorporating it with our POS system, it's just going to be more work to get to where we want to go.

Guest Denver Dave

Glad I found a discussion on this topic. Doesn't seem to be of much use to know we have 10 shirts but not what size or color they are. Also, is this issue related to product codes. If we scan a barcode on a shirt in a store, is there a unique barcode for each size / color combination?

Setting up different products for each size / color combination does not seem like a natural fit either. Sure we can track the inventory, but the Descriptions and maybe the pictures might be all the same. But worse there would be this sea of products to sift through - each shirt would have separate products for every size / color combination.

Also, the + or - for the option price seems confusing - would expect to just list the purchase price - in some cases or if a series of options, might be nice to do the way Cube Cart does it so we know the price of the option. There may be a terminology issue here also. A size and color, may be an option, but it is not optional - there must be a size and there must be a color for the shirt.

When buying a product from the product list, it is not obvious that there is important settings that should be viewed with the more, before purchasing the item, otherwise we may end-up with pink size 0 shirts.

How do other shopping carts handle size and color options that must be specified? I reviewed the Zen Cart site, and the "attribute" fields, but did not see how they provided a better approach here - anyone know that has used Zen or OSC?

Everytime I take a run at shopping carts I get tangled up with things like this. Each time I make it a little farther - maybe some day....

Guest hobbyofkings

Don't know if this would work for you but one could use sub-catagory entries for the products and then using products for the varieties should work.

After all catagories can have descriptions and images, just not prices, or stock levels

Anyhow...

• 1 year later...