Connection Lost when ever I try to make any change

Guest Dealerandy

Guest Dealerandy

:blink: I am a newby to websites. Please could someone explain to me (simply) why is it when ever I try to make any alterations to my store, the internet connection is lost and I can not fix any chages that I have implimented. Also everytime I click in one of the option on the menu bar in admin ti keeps asking me over and over for my user name and password.

Thank you in advance.

Check your firewall settings if you have one. Norton in particular doesn't behave well with passwords. Not sure about your internet connection getting cut off but this could also be a firewall issue - Zone alarm has internet lock where all activity is stopped if engaged.

Guest Dealerandy

Thanks. The PC I am working from connects via AOL and has a McAfee Firewall. How do I change the settings? And which settings do I change. will I have to open ports in the firewall?

I have tried several tings. One being installing CC2. This version works perfectly. With no conflicts at all. But I prefer CC3 and like its additional features. Just looks a little more professional.

Thank you

I don't know McAfee settings at all, but what I do know is it does conflict with many applications and the virus scanner does mistake some programmes as a virus (such as peer guardian). It could be seeing some aspect of CC3 as a threat and cutting off the connection.

Sugggest you download a trial version of another firewall (there are many - Zone alarm and black ice are among the better ones, bitdefender isn't bad ) but any will suffice to see if CC3 will run ok on your pc - then you know its your firewall or not for sure.

Guest Dealerandy

That hasnt worked. This is the error message I get from AOL.

Error C0000005 occurred in module msxml3.dll at address 749898BD

Stack Trace:

0 : msxml3.dll + 0x98bd (0x749898bd) 0001:000088bd

1 : msxml3.dll + 0x9749 (0x74989749) 0001:00008749

2 : msxml3.dll + 0xe328 (0x7498e328) 0001:0000d328

3 : msxml3.dll + 0xe7cb (0x7498e7cb) 0001:0000d7cb

4 : supersub.dll + 0x35c2a (0x605b5c2a) 0001:00034c2a

**** End GPF Data ****

This doesnt mean anything to me. i hope someone can help.

Thank you ;)

Try using something besides AOHell's browser. Try Firefox or Internet Explorer if you have to. It sounds like the problem is strictly on your computer. If you can't get yours to work, use somebody else's.