transfer product

Guest senyoupro

Guest senyoupro

I just upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 but had to do a clean install. ie back original store delete everything then install 3.0.2. How do I go about putting everything into the new store? thanks.

I would think that since you're going from version 3.0.0 to 3.0.2, and you backed up your store, the databases ought to be compatible. You should be able to import your old product info database using PHPmyAdmin somehow. Assuming you backed up the databases as well as the files.

This might have been addressed elsewhere on the board. There must be some reason why the techies keep saying "one product at a time" rather than suggesting you import your back-up. Try a search on importing databases. Just make sure the info is relevant to your version of CC.

I tried this once with an earlier version with some success, but it was very messy. Of course, I had no idea how to do it before I started. If you can't find any more info here, you can find help on importing a database in the PHP MyAdmin documentation or by Googling for info on mysql databases. You'll have to guess which databases are relevant, though. It all depends on how good you are at putting two and two together.

In the end, this may turn out to be more time consuming than re-adding all your products one by one, but it will be much more educational! And all failure means is wiping the whole thing and starting over, which is pretty much the point you're at now.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

atwitch

defo with the back up as with all work on site BACK UP is the word u will see in here if you have backed up your database

click on phpmyadmin

click on sql top right of screen u should see ur database name and tables on left

u should then have at bottom right something like use text file

click on browse goto location of backup file

and click go it should then import your old database.

hope this helps if not just holla and ill try hook u up