Need to make a simple change

Guest Chell

In the store after you click on a category... before the products, at the top it says... Image, Description and Price. I need to change Price to Prices Start At:

I also want to delete the 'More' button.

Can anyone lead me to where this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Chell and welcome to CC.

To change the Price text look in your \language\en\lang.inc file or change en to whatever language you use.

And if I might make a suggestion, before posting try the site search. You will probably find what you need because most folks here have been through the same questions.

Thanks for the welcome.

I did do a search and I did see the post your talking about but I'm not looking to change the same thing as mentioned there. Although I did search through that file, thats not what I need.

Once you click on a category in the store itself, before the products there is a header that has on it: Image Description Price.

Instead of Price, I would like it to say Prices Starting At:

If this is indeed in the file you suggested, where in that file would I find what I need changed?

I also would like to delete the 'More' button if you have any suggestions for that.

Thanks again,

Chell

@ Chell - you have been given good advice. I'll try to make it simple:

Go to:

(store_root_name)/language/en/lang.inc.php

Open the file, lang.inc.php with your text editor. "Save As" and give it a name like lang.inc.backup

Now, search for this line:

$lang['front']['viewCat'] = array(

look a few lines below and you will see this:

'price' => "Price",

You need to REPLACE:

'price' => "Price",

with this:

'price' => "Prices Starting At",

Now save the file back in /languages/en/lang.inc.php on your server. Voila!

As to your other problem, look for this file:

(store_root_name)/skins/(name_of_the_skin_you_use)/styleTemplates/content/viewCat.tpl
Open that file viewCat.tpl, back it up, than find a line like this:

You will need to remove this section from that code:

<a href="index.php?act=viewProd&amp;productId={PRODUCT_ID}" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_MORE}</a>

And then save and upload the file, your more button will be . . . no "more"

:whistle: heh heh

</tr>

<!-- END: products -->

Just above there will be a very long line of code . . .

<input type="hidden" name="quan" value="1" /><a href="javascript:submitDoc('prod{PRODUCT_ID}');" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_BUY}</a><!-- END: buy_btn --> <a href="index.php?act=viewProd&amp;productId={PRODUCT_ID}" target="_self" class="txtButton">{BTN_MORE}</a></form></td>

Ok Roban I apoligize. I looked over that file a few times and when I saw that code I thought it was for once you open a actually product. To me it didn't look like what I was talking about.

Markscarts thank you for all your help. I was able to do what I needed.

Although this is not my first time using Cubecart and I learn more and more each day, I still need a lot of help. This forum has proved to be helpful over and over again. I don't know what I would do without it.

Once again I would like to thank you both, and everyone who has and will post to this forum.

Chell

hi

i agree with Sir William, really "markscarts" ur reply is really good... :w00t: well done markscarts ..

last many days am looking for help in LETEST PRODUCT .. i want show some more details in our Letest Product Section...

right now letest product showing this details :-

1. Product Name

2. Product Thumbnil image

3. product price

but i want some extra details on my letest product section in home page.. i want this details on my letest product in home page :-

1. Product Name

2. Product Thumbnil image

3. Product Price

4. Product Discription

5. Buy button

6. More button

i hope u understand what i want to explain... i alrady poste regarding this problem be4 but am still waiting for reply.. today i read this post so i though may be u can help me ....

if u can do this type of changes.. can u plz tell me step by step solution ...???

thanks..

waiting 4 reply.

regard

gul