Royal Mail Shipping

Guest jeffdev

Guest jeffdev

Hi all, I'm impressed with CubeCart and it has been fairly straightforward putting the cart system together - with the help of this forum!!

Anyway, I'm stuck on the shipping mod for Royal Mail. My client has a small shop selling jewellery, crystals etc and she wishes to post using Royal Mail - probably next day delivery. How do I get this module to work? Any tips/pointers from other brits that have used it would be very much appreciated....

Using CubeCart 3.01

Jeff

Guest jeffdev

anybody got advice for dealing with small, medium and large parcels with a cubecart site in the UK? Due to the value of some of the products my client would like to have the option of postal insurance aswell...

Thanks,

Jeff

Guest craigwalker

anybody got advice for dealing with small, medium and large parcels with a cubecart site in the UK? Due to the value of some of the products my client would like to have the option of postal insurance aswell...

Thanks,

Jeff

I modified the "shipping by weight" module to have 3 fields..i then renamed them to "1st class recorded", "standard parcel" and "Special Delivery".

The php also had to be altered to look at each method in turn to see if the parcel was overweigh for all of the 3 methods as the way its writen at the moment it returns an unable to ship message if one of the options is under the weigh of the goods. I suppose thats becuase it was designed for 1st and 2nd class which would both start and end at the same weights.

Btw, there are still some major bugs when using shipping by weigh, hopefully these will be resolved in 3.03!

see the bug reports for more info.

Guest jeffdev

Thanks Craig.

I have had some success with the Royal Mail method after some experimenting. I had previously only entered a single weight:price, 1:5.35 - it works when I put in several.... 0:3.85,0.5:4.25,1:5.35,2:6.95,10:19.00 (Royal Mail next day delivery rates) and it makes complete sense!

Apart from the shipping not displaying correctly when I view cart, and the PayPal order screen not dispaying it either, it seems to work...

I have noticed a worrying bug with the Postal Order - it only bills for the shipping and NOT PRODUCT!! This could be an expensive bug. Is there a way to turn off Postal Ordering?

Jeff