Time out cart stage 4

Hi all

I've almost got CC working, but for some reason all I get is time out errors when I get to stage 4 of the cart (cart.php?act=step4)

I get a variety of error messages including:

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/path/to/securearea/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 44

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/path/to/securearea/public_html/modules/shipping/Royal_Mail/calc.php on line 40

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/path/to/securearea/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 44

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/path/to/securearea/public_html/modules/shipping/Royal_Mail/calc.php on line 47

I'm really stuck on this and can't seem to find anything previously on the forums. I'm on a shared SSL, on CC 3.0.2 and trying to get just the Royal Mail thing working.

Any help would be gratefully received as I've got a deadline coming up and am getting stressed!