Install probelms. 7 hours of trying I give up..

Guest iGarden

Guest iGarden

Help - this is not as simple as the threads I've been reading say it is.....

I've up loaded the files

Set my SQL

Now I am suppose to see my site or the install section - I don't...

I give up...

Welcome to CC igarden.

Don't give up just yet but give us more information on your attempt to install. Please be specific about the problems you are having and I am sure things can get resolved. We need to know: what version you are installing, a cut/paste of your includes/global.inc file which you can post here, how you setup your database and did you delete the install directory. Those are good for openers.

Cheers.

Guest iGarden

Thanks for the reply, I am going out of my mind here...

I am using the latest version 3.0.2

include folder:

Up one level

boxes 755

content 755

Create New File

currencyVars.inc.php 1 k 0644

functions.inc.php 10 k 0644

global.inc.php 0 k 0644

ini.inc.php 0 k 0644

orderSuccess.inc.php 6 k 0644

session.inc.php 3 k 0644

sslSwitch.inc.php

I set my data base up with a name & a user name.. However I still, cannot see how to access it & add to the data - i can go to the SQL place, but there seems to be no option to add data or look at the data.. I'm new... Not to Computers, I,ve had a site for 3 years & know a touch about computers.. But data bases, I am, well in the dark with..

If you are able to help, I would be very greatful...

Guest iGarden

Hi there, what's all this about the delete install folder... i wish there was a simple list of steps to go through...

I use dreamweaver & simply up load & thats it... I am new to data bases... Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm not, I'm just new... Help please....

OK I am beginning to see the problem. The database will be setup automatically. All you have to do is provide one with a username and password. You listed the includes folder but I need you to open the global.inc file (with notepad) and copy/paste the results here. We will need the name of your database, your username and password, the url of your site. There are a couple of more things but these will do for now.

Secondly, forget Dreamweaver, you don't need it. You need your ISP's ftp information and an ftp client. Where are you located? Are you on MSN?

Guest iGarden

Wonderful.. However there is nothing in the Global.inc file: this is all.

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = '';

?>

The data base name is cubecart1 (do you need to know my log in code too)

Username: igarden

Password for that is just now... -

www.insomniacsgarden.co.uk

Hope that helps...

Copy/paste this into your global.inc and save:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'cubecart1';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'jakethecat';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'igarden';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = 'home/insomniacsgarden.co.uk/public_html/cart';

$glob['rootRel'] = 'cart';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'www.insomniacsgarden.co.uk/cart';

?>

Now, make a folder named 'cart' (without the ' ' of course) and put all your cubecart files and folders in it, so that in the cart folder should be folders named admin, classes, docs, extra, etc plus the other files in the 'upload' folder from your cubecart zip file. Upload this to your host.

**Don't put the upload folder in there, just the files in the upload folder

($glob['rootDir'] = 'home/insomniacsgarden.co.uk/public_html/cart':) I'm not sure that this is your rootDir as expressed in global.inc I can only guess at this entry without seeing your directories.

If you are able to upload successfully you can open a browser and type http://www.insomniacsgarden.co.uk/cart/install/index.php in the address bar and go right into the installation. You will have to enter some basic information basically the same as you entered into global.inc. If the install goes well you will have to delete the install directory from your server in order to see your store.

Let me know if you need more help in this.

Guest iGarden

Wonderful, thanks...

What I needed to do was put the cart folder into the public.html folder & then it liked that... I've followed through the instalation & moved around my permissions ect - no problem -

Now I'm at step 4 of the installation - it tells me that 'The config file could not be written.'

& to reset my includes/global.inc.php to 644 - I've reset it & it shows 644 but still says 'The config file could not be written.'..

Is this where I have to delete the install folder.. Or is it another problem.. I'll leave it there & see if you can help... It's looking good so far... Many thanks for your help.. One more step & I might be there....

Guest iGarden

Yea - it wouldn't proceed until I changed it.. What's the CHMOD then.. It still says The config file could not be written. Have I got to alter a permission somewhere else...

Guest iGarden

Yea... It helped I think..... I also put all the files into the public_html folder & that worked. Now on step 4 - it tells me - The config file could not be written.

I've found the file.... There is an odd part to it.. here is the file.. the odd bit is the -

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File'] = array('php','asp','aspx','ascx','jsp','cfm','cfc','pl','bat','exe','dll','reg')

Here is the whole file:

<?php

/*

* FCKeditor - The text editor for internet

* Copyright © 2003-2004 Frederico Caldeira Knabben

* Licensed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License:

* http://www.opensource.org/licenses/lgpl-license.php

* For further information visit:

* http://www.fckeditor.net/

* File Name: config.php

* Configuration file for the File Manager Connector for PHP.

* Version: 2.0 FC (Preview)

* Modified: 2005-02-08 12:01:53

* File Authors:

* Frederico Caldeira Knabben ([email protected])

*/

global $Config ;

// Path to user files relative to the document root.

// SECURITY TIP: Uncomment the following line to set a fixed path.

// include main config

include("../../../../../../../../../includes/global.inc.php");

$Config['UserFilesPath'] = '/images/' ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['File'] = array() ;

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['File'] = array('php','asp','aspx','ascx','jsp','cfm','cfc','pl','bat','exe','dll','reg') ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Image'] = array('jpg','gif','jpeg','png') ;

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Image'] = array() ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['uploads'] = array('jpg','gif','jpeg','png') ;

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['uploads'] = array() ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Flash'] = array('swf','fla') ;

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Flash'] = array() ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Media'] = array('swf','fla','jpg','gif','jpeg','png','avi','mpg','mpeg') ;

$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Media'] = array() ;

?>

Any idea's.

I've tried all the permission option's, I understand those. But there seems to be a problem with the config.php....

Guest iGarden

Hi Roban,

All sorted out now... Many thanks for your help... I had to do a number of things to make it work...

1. The Global ink file was blank - the fix that you gave me wasn't there - so I put it back

2. My database & user name has to be prefixed with my provider user name then a space ie sfdfdgdfgds_igarden.

& by starting the install again - it worked in under 1 min....

Your guidance has been much appreciated - no doubt I'll in & out of the forum for the next ten years, but I'll try not to hassle you too much…

Stuart ;)