box question

I am having a little brain cramp. I know exactly how to add new boxes. But where i am having my confusion is exactly what code i need to get a certain box display a different ad from a designated folder on the server at every page load. Any ideas how i can accomplish this well?

You need a separate ad-rotation script installed. I personally use phpAdsNew, but there are LOTS of PHP/MySQL based ad-rotation scripts on the web.

Then in our box, you simply call an ad from the ad script. It will take care of rotation. The bonus is that you'll get tracking info along with it.

I thought about it, but i think that is alot of work for what i want. I just wanna display random ads or images for my site on everypage load. And these images would be predesignated in a certain folder on the server. Is it possie even? The more i think about it im not sure without the help of database.

If you had a known number of images you wanted to show, you could do it with JS. You could make it random or if you had say 10 images, you could get the users current time and pick your image based on the last digit (minute or second). It wouldn't be a true sequential walk through the images, but it would work. It wouldn't require any PHP changes, simply a template addition.

Here's a Google search for you: Google: javascript image rotator