Install Problems at Step 3

Guest rwpapp

HELP! :lol:

I cannot get past step 3. The only information displayed in my browser window in step 3 are the fields defining the database connection/username/password etc, along w/ associated instructions, then the fields defining the local settings, then after that, the headline describing the administrator settings along with a help icon. There is nothing after that, no fields to fill in defining the administration area, and no continue to the next page buttons etc.

I have IIS installed and updated as well as the most current PHP / MySQL versions.

Any Ideas?

This is a excellent cart, and I am looking forward to seeing how well it will work with my business.

Thanks!

Guest Huerlimann

I am having similar problems: In step 3 I can enter all requested information but there does not seem to be a "Continue to Step 4"-button.

I have disabled all firewall settings and downloaded all files again to check whether they have been uploaded correctly, no irregularities (822 files in 190 folders).

Any help appreciated.

I found a way to get the cart to install/work... after a few hours of aggravation. I downloaded the latest WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) server, got rid of IIS and installed it as my testing server.

Once installed and running, went to the PHPMyAdmin and created a database user w/password

Then 'uploaded' the upload folder of cc3 to (in my case) C:wamp\www\ ...directory

Then opened IE browser... typed in http://localhost/upload (or whatever you renamed the folder)/index.php

And Bang! followed all the install steps, including deleting the install folder once done, and the cart works good.

It is my guess, the initial problems I was having was running a MySQL version lower than what the cart requires.

I am a newbie, and just getting the hang of working with dynamic sites and databases, but learning everyday. Now, I sure hope once I get things configured to my specs, I can find a web host that will work.. :D

Hope that helps

Guest sunshine

Hi AVdes,

I googled it for you. It means someone is trying to create tables in a database that is not allowed to. Seems it could be a few things. Either your database name or password are incorrect Confirm they are correct, then check the db user privelages to make sure you are setting up with a user who has full privelages and is in fact attached as an authroized user to the db.

Here is one of the links I founda for ya

1044 Error

Guest sunshine

The tables db will be created automatically. It's part of the install process. All you need to do is have a db setup with a user assigned with all privelages to that particular db. When you install CC it will ask for the db name, user name and password and attach and create the db. NOW for someone who has an existing CC db search the forum for importing and merging an EXISTING db.

I did a search on merging existing db's but it turned out nothing. How do I start over like from scratch and try again? Should I delete my db. Or totally delete everything and then upload everything again? :D

I have done a lot of research on which shopping cart to use and I know that once I get over this hump I will be happy with my choice. :D

Guest audiosamplez

I have eventually got Cubecart to work on IIS. I had to start again with a new database... also I created a new user instead of the 'root' user and this solved things.

Basically I installed IIS, PHP, PHP extensions, MySQL, phpMyadmin (this isn't a necessity).

You have to make sure the IIS user account has access rights to specific files.

The IIS account is known as the 'Internet Guest Account'

With the name as MAIN-SYSTEM\IUSR_MAIN-SYSTEM

(my computer is called MAIN-SYSTEM)

Give IIS access to the PHP.exe file and all the required extensions. Also you will have to change the security settings for the files for your website.

Giving write access to the 'includes/global.inc.php' file.

It is a lot of setting up (if you are like me and not totally sure what you're doing), but it does give an insight to how a windows server differs from an apache server.

Not sure if the above helps as the problem sounds like a MySQL problem. If not please let us know any further details. Can you access the database from MySql command promt or phpMyadmin?

Guest sunshine

Hi AVdes,

Well that depends on you. If it's a matter of improperly naming a dd, then you can either rename or delete it (IF it's empty) and create a new one since it takes only a minute to do. Please remember if you are creating a db with a CPanel, the name of your db as well as the user name you create, also has an initial extension which is usually related to your hosting account. You will need to input the FULL name of both exactly when CC3 install requests the db information. To verify your full db as well as user name, in your CPanel, go to MySQL and look up at the top.

The cart is very easy to install. A good ftp program makes a difference too because of packet integrity as missing just one file can prevent you from being able to install properly. I use Smartftp and cuteftp is also good.

The bottom line is, if you feel something in the files might be missing, upload the folders again, one at a time.

I have Ace FTP. It works great and I know everything is correct. I know know the full name of my database though I'm not sure what a CPanel is. I might have been in it but not known what it was called.

So if I delete my db then does that mean the automatic install process resets itself? because right know if I go to my website all I get is a 1044 error and it wont let me into the the set up.

Maybe I should totaly delete everything, including my db and all the uploaded files in my server, and totaly start from scratch. Is there an easier way?

This is what I have in global.inc.php . I know the password is correct and so is the username because I can access the DB, but I'm still getting the 1044 error as stated above.

=================================

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'weaintgotnojunk_-_crazy';

$glob['dbhost'] = '127.0.0.1';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '******';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '******';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/var/www/html';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.weaintgotnojunk.com';

?>

====================================

====================================

I did change the db name manually to the correct name as told to me by my host admin. Then I uploaded it to the correct folder. I reloaded the webpage and it told me.

Warning: The database will not work until you delete the Install folder and/or upgrade.php. :lol: (yay it did something)

So I did that.

But then it went right back to the 1044 error. :o:(:cry:

Now I'm wondering if I need to do something in the Apache server. I noticed that I have no groups or users asigned. I thought that I was an automatic but Do I need to make myself a user setting myself up with a seperate password?

Is that what is ment by use a user and not the ROOT Username/Password?