Shopping won't work without JavaScript

Guest hartmurmur

Guest hartmurmur

Not many people turn javascript off in their browsers...but I'd rather not lose sales because of this. Anyone modified their cart so products can still be added if the user has JavaScript off?

I would think the NON-Javascript users have it off for a reason... to hide their identity, i.e. fraud. I'd rather NOT have these sales.

Your completely wrong i'm afraid.

A large amount of customers switch off Javascript due to some form of visual disability. These users sometimes use text based browsers and/or screen readers.

They ARE still customers at the end of the day AND do have money to spend.

You will notice that several standards are emerging on the web (and CC3 is halfway there compared to most shopping carts) such as the WCAG 1.0 W3C standards and the American section 508 that recognise these disabilities and as such web developers are now starting to build "Accessible websites".

By building Accessible Standards compliant websites you are opening up your shop to a broader range of online users and you'd be STUPID as a businessman/woman to not try and make a sale out of as many people as you can.