Product Options

I am currently working on an online shop for a client, which currently has approaching 400 products and is likely to grow further.

During the input of products options, the client has noticed that is becoming increasingly time consuming to assign a series of option attributes to a product. The main complaint centers around getting lost in a large set of products and product options. Also, as mentioned elsewhere "you can only add an option to an item (in the options_bot) when that option is visible in the page of options_mid that are currently displayed".

(Quote from following forum post.)

I am currently trying to work on a workaround, but getting a little lost in the code.

The idea is that in step 2 of the product options page (admin section), when a product option is selected from the drop-down list, a refresh occurs showing *only* the option attributes for that selected product option. Ideally I'm looking to have something similar for step 3, on the same page.

Any pointers/help would be gratefully received. Thanks.