I NEED HELP!!!!!

Guest sunshine

Guest sunshine

:cry: Please help me, my head hurts and I haven't slept. Lunar Pages is the web host. A successful install of 3.0.0v has been made via Fantastico. I've read the forums and instructions and understand that I need to upgrade to each version in order to capture all the security fixes and such. Well, I have not been able to upgrade whatsoever to 3.0.1v. I've been trying for a while now :w00t: Yes, permission checked folders checked, upload, download, upload, moved upgrade around the directory and tried to "update" . The cart is in its own subfolder of the directory>>>> public_html/cube

When I click "upgrade in the web, this is what I get(DISREGARD *asterics-they are just replacement for name):

Warning: main(includes/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*******/public_html/upgrade.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 4

Warning: main(admin/includes/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 5

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'admin/includes/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 5

Warning: main(classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 7

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 7

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db in /home/*********/public_html/upgrade.php on line 8

:w00t::w00t:;):ph34r::ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

Can I suggest that you remove the whole CubeCart installation (as long as you don't have much information in it) and re-install *Manually* via FTP (using the latest version).

Installing via Fantastico, although very handy, is not ideal. The fantastico developers do not keep up at the same pace at which CubeCart version progress, so it could be many weeks before Fantastico will let you upgrade to the latest version.

Really, CubeCart is a very easy program to install and you shouldn't need Fantastico to help get you online.

If you *have* got data in your store currently, then take a BACKUP of the database (importantly) and the files (if you want) then when you install the new version, create the database yourself, with your Schema, make the table change from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 and upload a config file, generated either by hand (editting) or by Brooky's tool on the site.

Hope this helps.

Guest sunshine

Hi Everything,

I'm still awake :w00t: Thank you for your reply. Yes, that probably is the best way to do it ;) But I'm stuck on Db creation. Can I creat a MySQL on LunarPages and link it to the install of your latest version? If so, how? :w00t:

Guest tbladecki

*******BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP FIRST*******

I have the option to use Fantasico as well and the first time I did it worked OK but when I went to upgrade I had issues and had to reinstall.

The installation of CC will create the tables and indexs needed for the cart you only have to point the files in the right direction.... If you do not have anything in the DB I would start over with a totally clean install, if not then just delete and reinstall CC 3.0.2 or whih ever one that you want to use.

****Remember to go to the cc directory that you created and delete the install folder after you complete the installation****

If you follow the directions that are included with the files for the cart and install them exactly as the direction state and everything should work out just fine :w00t:

Hope this helps and if not let me know :w00t:

Guest sunshine

Thank you Tbladecki,

I'm going to delete and start new. But what about the MySQL db? Do I need to created one before CC install? I ask this because the original will be deleted once I rid the cart. If not the big thing for me will be how do I connect it with CC because my webhost add additional name to the db? Backup data so I'm not concerned with that. :rolleyes:

Also: the MySQL db provides a "Connection String" once the Db named. Should I put that somewhere? There is one for Perl and one for PHP. I would assume if i needed it at all, it would be the one for PHP?!?!