nag notice of copyright

jerseyjoe

I own a copyright notice removal license for a CC, bought very early on in the process of learning the product. Therefore, until I did a demo installation of a fresh copy of CC onto jump drive and onto a non-wireless laptop I did not see that there is a "nagware" notice of copyright iat the foot of the text in every one of the Site Docs (home page, about us, etc.).

It says:

"Please remember that there is a license fee to pay to remove or edit our copyright notices."

This is not appropriate when I'm trying to demo the system to a client. Instead of the conversation being focused on the features of CC, we immediately get forced into "Are my customers going to see that if I don't buy a license? I thought this was open source softwatre? How can we get rid of it? Why is it there?"

I could understand were it to be visible in the Admin screens - but I respectfully say it has no place in the published pages. It is, in effect, notice of a notice. If that logic is valid, we should consider ourselves fortunate that it is not the banner on every page - but it still is redunant (and repetitious) (and annoying).

Which file generates it?

I can't provide a URL because I fixed it. And even had I not, I could not provide a URL because the installation is a "local host" demo running CC 3.02 on one of those thumb drives that I can plug into the USB port of any computer and show what CC is like and how the Admin CP works. Thanks to good advice received here from a few very clever people, I used Mambo SAS that turned the thumb drive into a server.

Wish I had known all that before I spent too many bucks on a laptop to do the same thing. I now am creating a half dozen demo stores (video games, choclates, ribbons, etc.) to show off some skinning variations.

FWIW I found the generating lines in a file that, as I recall, is named something like "home.inc.php" in the skin style folder. Whatever the file is called, I am certain it was on line 6 and displayed as brown text in the color coded file editor I use (http://www.editplus.com/).

At first I removed the text. That broke the board. So I simply changed the wording to something conistent with the site content.

You obviously have something wrong with your install if you saw that on any page but the Admin Home. I searched the entire installation and the words you quote are ONLY displayed in the "Purchase CubeCart" box in Admin Home.

It is assigned to $lang['admin']['misc']['run_unlicensed']. And the ONLY place in the entire application that is called is in the admin/misc/licForm.php which fills out that bottom "Purchase CubeCart:" box in the Admin Home page.