delete a product

Guest lillianaboo

Guest lillianaboo

:rolleyes: hi i am very new at this so please explain in simple terms if you can

i am trying to delete a a product that i some how added by mistake. please have a look at my web site under products http://www.aboutaffirmations.com/index.php...viewCat&catId=1 I have gone into the admin section and into the catagories and it has this.....

Categories

Add New

Below is a list of all the current categories in the database.

Category Name Directory Image No Products Action

Products /Products 11 Edit Delete

/Products/ 1 Edit Delete

i can edit these but not delete them when i try to delete them it says 'this catagory cannot be deleted as it contains products' i only have 10 products not 11

sorry if this is posted somewhere else but i have searched with no luck.

thanks have a great day or night !

lillianaboo :D :P

I would guess you added the product using an illegal character e.g. !"£$%^&* sort of thing the only way to remove this will be through your database.

Go to your server access your cpanel and use phpmyadmin to delete it.

Guest lillianaboo

thanks evilhomer i went into myphp in cpanel in phpmyadmin and deleted it or what i thought was it....then i went into my cubecart admin section and deleted it but it is still on the web site i have only been in cpanel about 5 times so dont know my way around in there could u please give me instuctions on where to go an what to do?

thanks again

lilianaboo :mellow: :(