field structure

This is my first time setting up a store. My client has one currently, but we are switching to cube cart after I design his new website. He is asking me what the field structure of the new database is so he can send me the file with all the products. What is the answer for this?

Guest tbladecki

What I would do, it may not be the best way, but because I know alot about MySQL, I would enter a product thur the admin section on the site, then go to MyPHPAdmin and export the inventory out to a delimiting file. Then you can open the file and see what fields are avialable in the database, you may have to look at the actual structure to detemine how and what information you can have in the field.

Hope this helps, but this is how I got the same information when I needed it.

Guest tbladecki

You have to go to the cPanel or the admin address for you website. You should be able to get to PHPAdmin from there.

In fact I have looked at the export capablities and notice that within phpMyAdmin you can export a "structure" for the table you are looking for, which is:

"Cubecart_inventory"

Open the table and click on the export at the top of the table, once this opens leave the "export" column alone and uncheck the box next to data, and check the "save as file" box, and then "go" this will give you a text file that lets you see what the "structure" for the inventory is.

Hope this helps