Category Order in admin lists

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

Since we are trying to track stock levels for different sizes, we have quite a few categories. Several of the admin lists are in random or input order rather than alphabetical, which is becoming increasingly more difficult to find the category we are looking for as we add categories.

For example:

(1) the /admin/categories/ report lists Category Name, Directory, image, No Products and Action. At first I thought the list was in the first field listed (Category Name order), but it is not, I'm not sure what order - may be input order and there is not an option to sort this list.

(2) Similarly the Product inventory screen is not sorted in any order by default. At least there is an option to sort and filter, but why not do a sort to start with? Also, there are several options for a sort, but the most useful one is not present - sort by category path and by product name (or maybe code). When we have several levels of categories, sorting by master category helps, but is not enough. Sort of like sorting the phone book by last name but not last, first - finding Smith, Dave would be tedious.

(3) The Product Entry screen: /admin/products/?edit=2 Category dropdown box - try assigning very many of these with dozens of categories in the dropdown box in any particular order.

None of the above items seem particularly difficult to fix ( just do a sort - any sort would be better than none) and options would be even better. I'm starting to wonder how others are using Cube Cart. We are being forced into lots of categories because CubeCart can't track stock levels by size and color options.