New Document - Where Change Meta Tag?

Guest jharr53301

Guest jharr53301

Hi: I'm a newbie. I know most files are in my shop folder. But can someone please tell me in dummie step by step which file includes the like About Us, Privacy Policy pages. I added a Link Exchange page and want to put that in the meta tag title. Right now it only has my url in the meta title for that page. Please Help!! <_<

First of all welcome to CC.

All of your documents are created and edited in your admin control panel, ie: http://www.yoursite.com/admin/login.php there you will see a menu on your left an if you scroll down under Documents you will see Site Documents. Click on that and you will have a chance to edit existing and create new documents that will be added to your documents bar automatically.

As for meta tags they are generated in the General Settings menu where you can add keywords, description and shop name. Until you buy a license you will always have (Powered by Cube Cart)as part of your title. There is a mod that will add better meta tags and if you do a search of the board you will find it. Look in the Downloads Section for this.

If you need help do a search before posting as most of your questions have probably been answered.

Good luck with your project.

Guest jharr53301

Hi: Thanks for replying. I did do a search first and this does not answer my question. As I have already added the page under Documents, however it still does not show the Meta Tag Title when you go to the page I created - it only shows the url which is what is under the General Settings tab. I want to edit the meta title tag for that page only not for my main general settings page. Maybe I was not clear. But where can I find the file to edit that information.

Guest jharr53301

Hi: That's just it - my site already has the Product Title Meta Tags - they are on every page of my individual Product pages in the top blue title bar. The pages under the Document Site are using the Meta Title Tag that's pulled from the General Setting page. What I was asking was where in my cPanel can I find this individual page to change the tag or am I not able to do that?

Please know that I appreciate your help and was not being smug as it appeared you may have thought by your response. I'm new and was just hoping to get some help. :)