Shipping Problem - Adds Tax or Something to Cost

Guest jharr53301

Guest jharr53301

Hi: I have tried everything. I have setup Category shipping and put proper shipping amount in category. Taxes setup for PA only at 6%. I have put ISO code in Caps under the shipping option. I have searched this board endlessly with no solution.

Problem - It's adding some kind of fee to the shipping cost even when it's a non-PA order. Example - $2.50 shipping - it's putting $3.29.

PLEASE someone tell me how to fix.

Guest jharr53301

Okay I figured part of the problem out for those having same issue. Under the Shipping Modules for Per Category - You have to choose "Tax Exempt". This will stop the tax from being added to the shipping cost yet still allow tax to be added to the state you choose under the Tax section

OTHER REMAINING PROBLEM:

Under the "View Categories" under edit. Under "shipping by category" section - When you enter in the Per Shipment and Per Item - it is charging both the Per Shipment Cost and Per Item Cost even if you only have 1 item in the cart.

It should only be charging the Per Shipment Cost first and then if you add each additional it should take the Per Item Cost but it is not.

Anyone know how to fix this???