How do I move the site docs?

Guest Dealerandy

Guest Denver Dave

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "site docs" - can you give an example? Have you checked out the different "skins" to see if something already does what you want?

For example, I'm going with a modified version of the Killer skin.

Guest highertechpc

Hello dealerandy,

I worked on this for several hours today just for the challenge and for while I was just about to give up, however I found a solution for you. Four different files will need to be modified. Remember that you MUST have a backup copy and save it otherwise you will have BIG headaches. If you make a mistake you can confidently upload your original files and everything will be back to normal quickly, easily and with a big smile and you can give it another try.

First thing that I would do is open: skins/"YOURSKIN"/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

this is what it should look like if has not been changed:

<div class="colRight">

{SHOPPING_CART}

{POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{SALE_ITEMS}

{MAIL_LIST}

</div>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

{SITE_DOCS}

</div>

Move "{SITE_DOCS}" to just below "{MAIL_LIST}" or wherever you want it so long as it is below <div class="colRight">

save it and close it. This step physically moved "siteDocs" to the right column.

Next you need to open: skins/"YOURSKIN"/styleTemplates/boxes/siteDocs.tpl

This is what it should look like:

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="siteDocs">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtDefault">{DATA.doc_name}</a>

<!-- BEGIN: sep --><span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span><!-- END: sep -->

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

You need to replace the <div class="site_docs"> with this:

<div class="boxTitleRight">Site Docs</div>

<div class="boxContentRight"> This step chnges the properties of how "siteDocs" will be presented to the viewer visually. In other words the stripe at the bottom of the page will not be a stripe cut into little pieces at the right hand column. Now it will look just like the rest of the boxes.

Secondly, this code: <span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span> needs to be changed to this:

<li class="bullet"><span class="txtSiteDocs"></span> This change allows the links to be organized just like your "Shop by Category" box instead of being scrunched in the box like sardines if you would have left it as/is. Save and close.

Now your font sizes and colors may need to be addressed in: skins/"YOURSKIN"/styleSheets/style.css, so you may need to make adjustments as you see fit. Just change the values in: a.txtSiteDocs . Save and close.

Lastly open: skins/"YOURSKIN"/styleSheets/layout.css and change this:

.siteDocs {

text-align:center;

margin-top: 10px;

}

to this:

.siteDocs {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 90%;

text-align:center;

color: #000000;

background-image: url('../styleImages/backgrounds/boxTitleBg.gif');

width: 155px;

height: 15px;

padding-left: 5px;

padding-top: 1px

}

You may need to change the values so that they match what you currently have, or they may be the same as mine. I don't remember if I changed mine.

If your colors are not right change them in your style sheet as well as any font sizes that you don't agree with. I hope I haven't left anything out. This all worked out fine on my site. I would let you see it but I don't really want it on my site. Actually, I guess I can leave it on for a few hours. Might as well, worked on it for so long. Later

Guest highertechpc

Hello dealerandy,

Sorry, but I found a little bug when you click on "view basket".

The box opens up to the full width of the page which doesn't look good at all. I'll work on geting that fixed tomorow. Everything else is just fine. :blink: , Oh, and by the way, my site, or rather the site that you will see, if you see it within the next 9 hours, is my "beater site" that I use to make mods for practice, so that I don't screw up the skin that I really use. :lol:

Guest highertechpc

Hello again dealerandy,

Box width was an easy fix. You can either delete it from the "cart.tpl" file (in globals next to index.tpl) or you can move it just like you moved it in "index.tpl" to where you want. Then in layout.css at: .boxContentLeft, .boxContentRight, specify a width here: "border-bottom: 2px solid #0E51A3; width: 151px;

151px worked for me :blink: , change it to whatever you need.

• 1 month later...