Modified box - from a list to a dropdown

Guest hartmurmur

Guest hartmurmur

I'll try to explain the best I can.

I've modified one of the side column boxes so the items display in a dropdown - similar to the "Language" or "Currency" boxes. The difference between mine and the Language and Currency boxes is that I would like a Submit button to trigger the selection, not a JavaScript onchange event.

Back to the problem...

I put the submit button in and everything works fine. However, when I change the submit button so it uses an image instead of the browser's default form button, I get X and Y coordinates passed to the URL. These X/Y coordinates are the position that my mouse clicked on the image.

This is not a big problem as the X and Y parameters in the URL are not used, but I wonder how to get rid of them. My suspicion is that the xtpl.php file is doing something with it, but I admit that file is pretty foreign to me. If I had to guess, it'd be in the parsing of the blocks and sub-blocks.

PHP OOP experts out there?

Guest hartmurmur

Well, here's the gist. I'm not posting my real code because it is a modification (my own templates), but the same exact result can be seen by doing something similar with the siteDocs.tpl file.

File: siteDocs.tpl (located in skins -> your skin -> StyleTemplates -> boxes)

Changing to a dropdown with the following code puts X and Y coords in the URL when the form is submitted using an image instead of a regular form submit button. Let's get rid of it.

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="siteDocs">

<form action="index.php" method="get">

<input type="hidden" name="act" value="viewDoc" />

<select name="docId">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<option value="{DATA.doc_id}">{DATA.doc_name}</option>

<!-- END: a -->

</select>

<input type="image" name="submit" src="/images/go.png" />

</form>

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

ORIGINAL CODE FOR REFERENCE:

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="siteDocs">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtSiteDocs">{DATA.doc_name}</a>

<!-- BEGIN: sep --><span class="txtSiteDocs">|</span><!-- END: sep -->

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->