PAYPAL not playing ball? IPN not working etc.

Guest TimWright

Guest TimWright

I set up my shiny new store and tried to purchase something using PayPal as the payment method.

All went well, and the store transferred me to PayPal... I made my payment, then PayPal just sat there saying "well done, you've paid".

Well that's just swell, but surely I should be transferred back to the store along with a confirmation that payment had been made?

Nope.

Just sat there is PayPal.

Tried going back using the Explorer buttons. Explorer coughed and spluttered that it needed to refresh. So I clicked OK. And there was the store page again, still saying it had 1 item in the cart that needed to be paid for.

I began to feel rather depressed by this.

So, I went to the admin pages, and manually sent the order to the customer via e-mail, along with a link to download the software purchased in the store.

Customer used the link, and downloaded. The store registered it'd been done, so that was good.

However, manually checking that I've recieved funds, and matching them against orders, and manually sending e-mails to customers is a total ball ache(!!!) Especially if you get 100 orders a day (hopefully!).

What am I doing wrong?

I have IPN set on my Store PayPal receiving account, so it should just all work(?)

I want the customer to click buy, then basket, then pay, then be thrown back to my store with some kind of "well done, you've paid... here's a download link" type message.

Is it PayPal or me to blame here?

Yours,

Bemused!

Guest tbladecki

Well that's just swell, but surely I should be transferred back to the store along with a confirmation that payment had been made?

Well lets see.. do you have the auto return in your paypal profiel set to the confirmed.php in the root dir of the store? This is the file that confirms your order and gets you back to the store.

as far as the email and the link I think that that has been talked about before try to do a search and see what you come up with... I do not use the digital DL side so I am not familar with it, but PayPal I am :wacko:

See if that works and let me know

Guest TimWright

OK, I've checked... and my settings at PayPal were ok ( see here ).

PayPal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN) allows you to integrate PayPal payments with your website back-end operations.

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) On

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: http://(www.mywebsite.com)/cc/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

...I've taken my web address out to protect the guilty! But it's as it should be. Does your PayPal account have to be verified before IPN will work, I wonder?

EDITED: Aha!!!!!

Auto Return for Website Payments

Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions and Shopping Basket.

How bloody stupid do I feel now??? :)

So, I guess I'll search for the e-mail issues now... ;)

Thanks for your help so far.

OH! And while I'm here, the customer can't seem to process any more orders now

either, as they keep getting a "This invoice has been processed" error from PayPal

even when they are ordering a totally different item on a new order. :(

Guest TimWright

OK, so the auto return wants a URL to return to... :)

What would that be to ensure everything runs sweet as a nut?

Does CubeCart have a default URL that should be specificed here?

Thanks!

When you set your Return Path to the following, the customer will immediately see that the order has been received and is being processed.

http://....../cart.php?act=viewOrders

I also believe you can use the following, but Paypal eventually gives you an error about "no payment gateway variable found" when it attempts to return you.

http://....../confirmed.php

So use option 1 above.