Shipping by weight - Setup question

Guest casaic

Hello,

I am about to begin work on a site where my customer is wanting to use FedEx for shipping. I am aware there is no current support for FedEx, however I can always figure in shipping prices by weight and let the customer go through the FedEx interface to handle shipping and tracking. My question invloves setting up the different shipping costs per zone. Anyone who has ever shipped anything knows that different locations carry different costs. In the configuration for shipping by weight, it would appear that locations can only be differentiated by ISO country codes. Has anyone had any luck with setting up different shipping rates for different states (either by zone or differentiating between the lower 48 and Alaska & Hawaii)?

I am learning more and more about CubeCart in playing around with its differnt functions and have learned a lot on these forums. It is a great cart, and I hope to be able to use it for this upcoming project as well. All of your input is appreciated. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

I actually ran into similar proble, but my customer agreed to use UPS only right now.

I'm going to develop a fedex module starting this week. If you have any questions post them here or I wll post mine too. I'm new to Cube Cart, but I developed mods to Zen Cart and osCommerce before, so hopefully we can figure it out.

By the way I have q for admins: do you a have a feature request forum somewhere or something of that nature. thank you very much

@ konung, there are two forums - Request a Mod, and Suggestions

casaic - sorry CC didn't work out for you. I saw your question when posted but didn't respond because I had no answer to your question.

CC3 is relatively new and mods are a little scarce right now. Version 2 has a large repertoire of mods and modders, though, and the number of folk working on version 3 stuff increases daily :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...