Homepage info not saving when updating

Guest theorbo

Went through this thread: http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....=site+documents and any others that seemed like they might pertain to the problem, but none of them actually have the same situation....

I can change the information in the site docs (About, Contact, etc.), click the "update" button, and the new info saves and displays on the appropriate page. However, when I input new info into the Homepage area and click "update", no change is recorded, I stll see the generic default.

I have tried all three included templates, and my own which is a rework of Legend. The same situation obtains in all 4 templates: the sitedocs show the edited, correct info and homepage does not.

I've checked the database, but while the sitedocs have a table, there's no entry in it for the homepage info (nor is there on my local server database, but the edited homepage info shows up there just fine) so I don't know where else to look for it.

Anyone have any ideas? This was all fine in 3.0.2.... to which I will return if necessary....

Did you change the CHMOD from 644 to 777?

It should give you an error on the top of the page.

Could not open file of '/home/yourdomain/public_html/language/en/home.inc.php' for writing. Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!

Nope. Never had to do that yet, in order to edit that area, or the sitedocs. Nor are any of the files or folders in any of the installs I've done chmod 777.

In any case, I'd just come back to post that I "fixed" it - by uploading the 3.0.3 distro that's working fine locally, overwriting everything (EXCEPT global.inc.php!). Works fine now.

Guest Nightywolf

I'm getting the above error and I'm clueless as to what the heck "Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!" means. I don't even know what CHMOD is. Any help?