Cookies? Please help!

I have what I really hope is a simple question!

I notice there are two cookies set by CubeCart:

- "ccuser" for when a customer logs in

- "phpsessid" for the site visit

The former helps a customer to remain logged in, and the latter allows the items in a shopping cart to be recalled even when a visitor has not logged in as a customer (or joined yet).

My question is: can you control the name that is given to those cookies? Do they have to be called "ccuser" and "phpsessid"?

It could certainly be changed, but you'd need to edit a very large number of the CC files. If you want it done, I can do it for you on a contract basis. I'd have to make the changes and test it all.

Can you tell us why you want them changed? Inquiring minds wanna know. :(

Thank you tbladecki for having a look for me - you people are GREAT!! :(

As it happens I did find a workaround in the end, and I shall explain here in case it can help someone else (and to answer rukiman's [EDIT: and Sir William's] question):

Just in case anyone else gets the bright(!?!) idea to put two separate CubeCart installations onto the same domain name, BEWARE - the conflict of the two session cookies will kill the shopping cart!

If you search for "empty cart" error in these forums you will see what I mean: When a CubeCart session cookie still exists in someone's browser and they revisit your site, it won't process the cart properly. The "fix" posted in here has always been - delete cookies and it will work.

It happens pretty rarely on normal sites, only when the session cookie develops a problem. But if you've got two CubeCarts on the same site, and go from one to the other, obviously the session cookie has already been set and the cart just won't work - you add items but the shopping cart box won't show them and the cart remains obstinately empty.

The solution I found (as I am anything BUT a "super-modder" LOL) was to install the second CubeCart onto a subdomain, so that having its own unique address it would set its own unique cookies.

Worked for me, hope this post helps someone else someday!

Cheers,

KK.