Need some guidance.

I have customer who wants an online location so that he can display the vehicles that he sells. I use cubecart for my own site so i got to thinking that it would be a good idea to try and "redesign" (not sure if that is the right word) the cubecart system so that it would do an online brochure type job.

So here is the plan so far:

Use the classic style design as i have some nice graphics that i can use for the background and logo

Remove the "Currency" "Language" "Popular Products" "Shopping cart" and "information" sections from the pages because they wont be needed.

Also remove the search and login/register boxes from the header area. Again these wont be needed

Keep the "mailing list" section but move it over to the left column and extend the center column over to fill the space left by the removal of the above sections.

Rename the "Featured product" box to "Featured Vehicle"

Rename the "Shop by Category" to "Navigation"

(should be able to do this by editing the language file i think)

Add links to the site documents (about us, contact, terms etc) into the new navigation section.

That should about cover it although i will have to remove the buy boxes etc from the product listings.

So what do you guys think of the plan? Will it work or has someone already done this before?

Regards

Gavin

ok got most of it done today ;) I didnt expect it to go so easy. The only problem i have found is that it seems to have an issue dealing with images. It doesnt seem to want to upload them at all ;)

Just need to keep trying.

The site is now on a test server at www.integradc5.wskc.co.uk