Latest new products

Guest Boozer

Hi,

When I edit an existing product from the admin panel and say YES at the question for placing it on the latest new items screen again it won't work?

I don't know if this is since I updated to 3.0.3 because I haven't tried this before.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thnx

Gilbert

That setting doesn't PUT the item in the Latest items box, it allows the item to be there if it is indeed a recent addition. The Latest Items box pulls your most recently added items from the database. As it's written, there's no way to put earlier items in there. To change that behaviour would require rewriting some of the store control files.

That makes this option sort of useless for allready existing products.

I would really like to control the products which are displayed @ the homepage. Will this be diffucult to do? Can someone help me with it, coz I really don't understand a thing bout php and stuff :wacko:

Boozer, its not difficult to do. Just set the Include in Latest Products to No for all the products that you don't want shown. And then set the ones you do want shown, to Yes.

If you have more products set to Yes that can fit on the homepage, then the most recent ones out of your selection will be shown.