I tweaked some files to take the "homepage" links

Guest theorbo

and while it seems to work fine, I thought I should run the setup by the pros here....

I made a file, extras.tpl, saved in /stylesTemplates/boxes, as follows:

<!-- BEGIN: extras -->

<div class="boxTitleLeft">{LANG_EXTRAS_TITLE}</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<ul>

<li class="bullet"><a href="http://somebunnies.com/index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_EXTRAS}</a></li>

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

</ul>

</div>

<!-- END: extras -->

and I removed the dup'ed links from categories.tpl where they resided originally.

I created a file, extras.inc.php, saved in /includes/boxes/, as follows:

if(!isset($config)){

echo "<html>\r\n<head>\r\n<title>Forbidden 403</title>\r\n</head>\r\n<body><h3>Forbidden 403</h3>\r\nThe document you are requesting is forbidden.\r\n</body>\r\n</html>";

exit;

}

$box_content=new XTemplate ("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/boxes/extras.tpl");

$box_content->assign("LANG_EXTRAS_TITLE",$lang['front']['boxes']['site_links']);

$box_content->assign("LANG_EXTRAS",$lang['front']['boxes']['extras']);

$box_content->assign("LANG_HOME",$lang['front']['boxes']['homepage']);

$box_content->parse("extras");

$box_content = $box_content->text("extras");

?>

In index.tpl for the template I'm using (my own, reworked from Legend), I added {EXTRAS} at the top of the "colLeft" div which includes {CATEGORIES} et al. I then removed the random product from that column since I don't want a random product to show, resulting as follows:

<div class="colLeft">

{EXTRAS}

{CATEGORIES}

{INFORMATION}

{CURRENCY}

{LANGUAGE}

</div>

In /language/en/lang.inc.php, in the FRONTEND LANGUAGE section, I added the following before 'shop_by_cat' => "Shop by Category", :

/* added 092505 */

'site_links' => "Site Links",

'extras' => "main site Home",

/* end add */

In root/index.php, I added the following just before the relevant categories.inc.php lines in the START CONTENT BOXES section:

/* added 092505 */

include("includes/boxes/extras.inc.php");

$body->assign("EXTRAS",$box_content);

/* end add */

As I said, this seems to work fine, you can see the result here: http://somebunnies.vkaryl.net/catalog/

My concern is that something in tweaking the files might interfere with the proper operation of secure transactions. If anyone has reservations about this, information is always appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...