What does this mean??

Guest gavinsgifts

Guest gavinsgifts

Could not open file of '/home/gavin125/public_html/cart/language/en/home.inc.php' for writing. Try changing the CHMOD value to 0777. Remember to set it back to 0644 afterwards!

Anyone?? What the heck is this?? :rolleyes:

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

The home.inc.php file needs to be able to be written by Apache (or the webserver) because this is what the PHP scripts are being operated/run by.

This means that the permissions for this file, as set by the CHMOD command in FTP, needs to be 777.

Open your FTP program that you used to upload your site, or edit your site, and navigate to the language/en/ folder. From there, right click the home.inc.php and and 'CHMOD (Unix Only)' (this is on WS_FTP).

Then tick all nine boxes, which will be: Read, Write & Execute for all three owner groups.

Click OK, and go back to your HomePage editor. All should be well.

If you can't seem to do it, raise it with your hosting company.

You'll need an ftp client for this. What you need to do is logon to your account by ftp, find the file you want, right click on the file and in the window that opens choose 'attributes (CHMOD). Now a box will open with some choices and check boxes. Each check box is worth a value. When you put a check in a box, the value (permission) for the file changes and you can see the numeric change as you check boxes. The numeric value you're looking for is 0777. PM me if you need more help on this.

Ooops I EverythingWeb and I posted at the same time.