Cubecart has wrong paths / instead of \

Guest GeeZuZz

\cube\images/uploads/image.jpg

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for D:\www\cube/images/uploads/D:\www\cube/images/uploads/image.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in D:\www\cube\admin\filemanager\browse.php on line 46

Obviously, cubecart has mixed up / and \. How can i make Cubecart use backslashes?

Guest tbladecki

I belive that the "backslash" is set the admin area, under "general settings" towards the bottom.... but this may be for product dir only, you can check and see if it works.

Wow, thats a quick reply :)

Unfortunately i have already tried that, and it seems to be only product dir as you mentioned.

I tried to search the forum also - but found nothing about this in particular - am i the only one who have installed cubecart on a windows server? B)

Guest tbladecki

Do a serch for windows server, I knwo that there is others that have installed it but I do think that there is probelms using it. I am not sure but try to do a search for it.

Windows is "use at your own risk". Real servers run real operating systems. Real operating systems use the SLASH, not the backslash.

Hello Mr. I-don't-know-a-s**t-about-servers. Please don't comment if you don't have anything useful to say.

Nope, not a thing. :rolly:

8:23PM  up 568 days, 19:26, 1 user, load averages: 0.28, 0.41, 0.30

FYI, that's a FreeBSD server running Apache/PHP/MySQL which serves over 2.5 million pages a month and has since I turned it on in February of 2004.

You completely missed my point. While some people have made CubeCart run successfully under Windows, it is NOT supported. If you feel like going through the motions, it's completely at your whim and your responsibility. Don't be ticked off if we don't have any answers for your questions.

Personally, I see your particular problem of slash versus backslash to be an issue of PHP. I'd think with all the great people they have coding, somebody would have added the ability to support both structures without error. But I guess that's too much to ask. After all, the Windows version will NEVER have precedence over Linux/Unix.

As for your attitude, well I hope it ends with your last post. We don't need that kind of thing around here. While we're all capable of being world class poopheads when we wanna be, we elect to hold ourselves and each other to a higher standard.

As for the pot shot at Bill Gates' little project he calls Windows Server, heck yeah I took it. And I'd take it again in a minute. But for you to take it personally, that's just silly. I could go into technical details of why I feel Linux/Unix is better, but we'd go back and forth indefinately until somebody got sick of it and locked the thread.

So I propose we agree to disagree on that issue.

But you're still *mostly* on your own with CubeCart on Windows.

Y'know, the single most important fact of "windows vs linux" servers hasn't even been addressed here - and that's the fact that there's almost nothing one can do to make a windows server really secure (which is why REAL business doesn't use windows servers.....) in which case, why on EARTH (or any other planet AAMOF) would you WANT to run a cart program (with its absolute necessity for and reliance on SECURE TRANSACTION STATUS) on a windows server?

PHP works fine on windows, so do MySQL. It's all up to CubeCart - and it seems that they have decided to not support Windows servers... I have tried many advanced php solutions, many of them a lot more advanced than CubeCart - without any single problem.

If a specific function in PHP does not consider that Windows uses \ (which i find hard to believe, since absolutely all other solutions i have tried backslashes well), CubeCart should either use some other functions (theres most probably an alternative function in PHP that can be used), or make a coded workaround.

My point being: It's pretty lame to convince me that it's because Windows is not working properly, when the problem is related to the software, which is not made compatible.

Nope, not a thing.   */*

8:23PM  up 568 days, 19:26, 1 user, load averages: 0.28, 0.41, 0.30

FYI, that's a FreeBSD server running Apache/PHP/MySQL which serves over 2.5 million pages a month and has since I turned it on in February of 2004.

Seriously - that old, outdated and unsecured FreeBSD-box does not impress me. FYI, Windows have no problems staying up for years. Actually, i can't even remember that i have seen a server 2003 box, that has been restarted without purpose (security updates/hardware changes).

Btw: I also use FreeBSD for hosting my company's web-solutions, because it's an awesome OS for hosting websites. I'm pretty sure Windows could do it too though, but i don't see the point in setting up Windows just for a web service.

I have cubecart 2 and 3 running on my windows server on my home machine and apart from a couple of little changes all was out the box no probs at all.

Have you tried a fresh install (maybe user error)?

If still no joy I will set up another cart and jot down wot i did for you */*

ps

Hello Mr. I-don't-know-a-s**t-about-servers. Please don't comment if you don't have anything useful to say.

no need for that!

Mine are on apache/xampp windows local, and linux/unix apache online....

Did absolutely nothing special. Other than tweak the GD version stuff for my local installs since it was wonky (see thread re this back a couple of months). This actually is probably the easiest software I've ever installed outside of fantastico....

(Btw, I don't have any percieved problems with fantastico installs the way some other folks do - always works just fine for me, and so do upgrades outside of fantastico thereafter....)

Guest sunshine

GeezuzzI'm assuming you fixed thoe mismatched slashes and directories

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for D:\www\cube/images/uploads/D:\www\cube/images/uploads/image.jpg D:\www\cube\admin\filemanager\browse.php on line 46

BTW: I think the same can be said about .asp for 'windows'

GeezuzzI'm assuming you fixed thoe mismatched slashes and directories

:P Thats the whole problem... :D

theorbo: Ok, I'm running the script on IIS6, so it might be cubecart does not support IIS6 then :(

The php function "filesize()" works fine in IIS6, so the problem is in the CubeCart code...

GeeZuZz, I can't address that from personal experience obviously. Have you done a search on here to see what you can turn up re windows IIS server usage? Also, IIRC the info on the latest releases of cc indicates that "windows" is better supported, so perhaps upgrade to 3.0.4 if you have not already done so?

One other possibility: some hosts (including my own) have both windows and apache servers available. If your host falls into that niche, you might ask if you can move from windows hosting to apache hosting.

[evilhomer, my local server is on "windows" as well, but it's apache for windows. So that may be a non-starter....]

Guest sunshine

I have no clue for windows op on this. But when in doubt, use basic deduction first. That's usually the things that end up nipping us. CCv3.04 needs

PHP 4.1.1 and MySQL 3.23 +. Confirm you have those versions then dowload a FRESH copy from here. :D

I have a similar problem, I am using Apache server on windows for testing, and when trying to browse the image uploads from the Edit category dialog I get:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/B03-01_lrg.jpg in c:\wamp\www\cubecart\admin\filemanager\browse.php on line 46

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Upload directory is not read only.

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Frank

Guest sunshine

Hi Reyn,

On unix/apache here but why does that path appear to be searching double?

c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/B03-01_lrg.jpg in

That's your first line search

Hello Sunshine,

I think it's todo with the php stuff in admin/filemanager/browse.php

There's some code using Regular Expressions that changes slashes and backslashes.

I am messing about with it to see if I can get it to work.

If I do then I will post it here unless someone hopefully beats me to it.

If anyone is a Php guru could you have a look please.

To answer your question, I think it must be to give the file description followed by the file path. But who knows?

What I cannot understand is that there must be other people using Windows with Apache to test, why has this not come up before.

Thanks

Frank

Guest sunshine

Reyn,

It appears as if you have a few things going on there. You've got double extended folders and possibly trying to view a pic larger than your settings.

Did you upload CC a few times?

Guest theorbo

Well, I hadn't ever tried that particular thing, so did just now after reading your post, and yes, I get that error as well. It looks like the problem is a missing

filesize() [function.filesize]:

line or so in that file.  In other words, this line:

$files[$i]['size'] = filesize($IMAGES_BASE_DIR.$file);	//adding filenames to array

is missing the function it's trying to call.

I haven't a clue how to write that....

Guest theorbo

When you open the admin/view products, and then click the Edit button, you're taken to the product edit page. On that page, click on Browse Existing Images. That produces this at the top of the page:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/c:\wamp\www\cubecart/images/uploads/B03-01_lrg.jpg in c:\wamp\www\cubecart\admin\filemanager\browse.php on line 46

and two white image boxes below, which show nothing in them, and a filesize of 0 next to the address for the not-showing image.