Adding Text Boxes

We need to receive input from the custome as they order. 5 text boxes with a checkbox next to each one.

As we make stamps, we need a text box that can hold upto 35 characters of type on each line, upto 5 lines of text only.

The customer has to really enter the text before going to the checkout, so it displays at checkout, and on their order / invoice.

I was thinking along the lines of this:-

Under the quantity is listed in the viewProd.tpl to become

<div style="position: relative; text-align: left;">{LANG_TEXT}

<input name="line1" type="text" value="" size="35" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;" />

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="line1_check">

<input name="line2" type="text" value="" size="35" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;" />

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="line2_check">

<input name="line3" type="text" value="" size="35" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;" />

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="line3_check">

<input name="line4" type="text" value="" size="35" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;" />

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="line4_check">

<input name="line5" type="text" value="" size="35" class="textbox" style="text-align:center;" />

<INPUT TYPE=CHECKBOX NAME="line5_check">

</div>

But I am uncertain on how to impliment this in the database....

Can anyone lead me in the right direction, or show me how to introduce this to the database?

Guest Denver Dave

I guess the first step, may be to figure out what table needs to be modified. Is this information general information about the customer (if so CubeCart_customer ) or information unique to each order (perhaps CubeCart_order_sum - not sure).

Then we could need to collect the information along the lines you were discussing

Then update the database - will need to find where the other fields for the table you are updating are updated.

Then everytime there is a new version, remember everything you changed and perhaps reapply it (welcome to the club).

Sorry if this is too basic for you, but I've considered adding fields also and I'm hoping the category description mod will become standard (seems like many people will want this mod).

I need the same thing.

We sell photos by photo id # which is an 10-12 digit alphanumeric number.

I like the cart setup, but I can't use it without this ability.

I'd make the modifications myself if someone could provide the basic script change information.