Move search box

Guest foxfire

Hello,

I Just read the post on moving the search box on the killer skin.

Doing the same on the Legend skin, leaves the search box with out a box etc.

Is it possible to put it in a box etc, or take over one of the boxes I don't need, like Languages.

Thank you,

foxfire

It doesn't need to be in a box at all. I moved it out of the header in my reworked legend skin because of my own header metrics - it now resides quite happily at the very top of the middle column.... see at http://somebunnies.vkaryl.net/catalog/

And it works like a charm, no problems.... not that I have anything much ready to search for, of course! *laughing*

Guest tbladecki

they are ussally interchangeable with the skins, as for the box 6 of 1 1/2 the other. I have them in boxes and out I have written mods on how to do them

It all depends on what you want........ and how well you know the code, which gets easier everyday.

What res are you viewing at? I develop at 1024x768, and the copyright text is set at 1em. Unless you're viewing at 1600x1200, it shouldn't be tiny.... at 1600x1200, it IS tiny, but then again, 90% of the browser-using world is NOT surfing at that res....

At 1024x768, the whole page lands without scrollbars in all the major "modern" pc browsers.... which is the point of course. I'm still working on linux and mac browsers....

In any case, since I'll be purchasing several licenses as soon as I have the "gremlins" worked out, it's really of no moment, but thanks for letting me know.

Guest highertechpc

Hello vrakas:

Yes, I know there is a dot as the title for one of the site docs. I'm going to incorporate the contents of that page into another page. I just haven't felt like finishing it. I also had one with 2 dots. I just needed to distnguish it from the other nameless site docs.

And as for yor first question about the 'box and full screen mode', yes this does cover the full screen mode.

I appreciate you mentioning it though. Thanks

Hi,

I tried to move the seaech into a box, as explained by highertechpc's post.

But I seem to have the box going all around the left side boxes, not just the search. Really not sure what to change in the CSS.

Any ideas any one please??

thanks

foxfire