can you upgrade directly to the latest versions???

Guest EverythingWeb

Yes, shoudn't be too much of a problem.

Just follow the upgrade steps in each upgrade file. Main things to look out for are files NOT to overwite, and new/altered SQL tables.

Backup first, then ask if you have a problem.

Guest sunshine

HI Mallard,

It is very highly recommended here that you do not miss a step and upgrade one version at a time. If you have any mods or have customized your templates and such, You can do manually upgrade it using Winmerge. It free, very good and can bee downloaded from Cnet downloads. The program highlights in color in differance between tow files of the same. Or, you can use Dreamweaver or whatever else you normally use.

And be mindful of the little floating brackets. Can be overlooked easily.

Guest sunshine

That was weird, I was just typing and it went blank?!?

Anyway, I if you are UPGRADING there will be certain files you DO NOT INCLUDE. If your not mindful there, you could overwrite your mods or customized templates. Basically, you don't need to include the skins folder in the upgrade if you are already in the ccv3 series.

I don't mean to make it sound complicated. It's actually not difficult as long as you pay attention to replace an item or include the item and the tiny floating brackets.

Guest toys4mobiles.com

I agree to update from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 etc as there has been changes to the database tables, as well as the files.

If you are confident then you can cut the time by completing the manual steps in upgrade folder.

Be sure to backup everthing first... after a few upgrades you will become more confident at the process.

If you have time, try the process in a test folder with a test database. This would be very usefull.

Thank you very much for your help..... Cubecart is new to me...... but so far it's setup has been very easy and user friendly. I have not enabled any payment gateways yet....but thought it might be a good idea to upgrade before doing so.

Here is a link to the store which is not viewable online to viewers as of yet.

http://www.floodedfields.com/store

Again, Thank you so very much for your help....support is often an unthanked tool that is vital to unskilled users like myself.