Root Dir error - Easily hosting

Guest timecrisis

Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

I am trying to install CubeCart on Easily webspace in the UK.

I have tried with both 3.0.3 and 3.0.4 with the same errors.

I think it is something to do with the $glob['rootDir'] setting in Includes/Global.Inc

I have set this to the Easily recommended "Absolute server path to live directory:

/home/sites/www.yourdomain.com/web "

The errors on the Admin I recieve are:

Warning: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/.sites/XX/siteXXX/web/store/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2442

Warning: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/.sites/XX/siteXXX/web/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2442) in /home/.sites/XX/siteXXX/web/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/XX/siteXXX/web/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2442) in /home/.sites/XX/siteXXX/web/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 38

If anyone out there has any pointers or is on Easily hosting and could help me out that would as always be great....!!

Thanks!

'/home/sites/www.yourdomain.com/web ';

It should be like the above hopefully with www.yourdomain.com being replaced with your actual directory name and not a url. The 'web' directory you have there should be your root directory. For instance one of mine is:

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/teeshirt/public_html';

Guest timecrisis

Hi Roban,

Thanks for the reply...

I think the error is on the hosts end but I am waiting for them to get back to me/trying to double check I am right and strenthen my side for the inevitable arguement of who's fault it is =)

The help section on Easily says that the "Absolute server path" should be written like this.

"Absolute server path to live directory =/home/sites/www.yourdomain.com/web "

I am not sure if this path is what is required for "$glob['rootDir']"....?

When I do the Automatic install Cubecart sets the rootDir path to one contained in the errors I recieve:

E.G /home/.sites/12/site123/web/buyonline

I have also tried setting the "$glob['rootDir']" path to this path but recieve the same error...

I am fairly sure that this is some error at Easily/DNS...I really don't like that dot in the error/path before sites...Is that normal in web paths?!

All of the images for CubeCart appear etc..the DB connects OK...

Any more thoughts? Out of interest are you using Easily? I noticed you are in the UK..

Thanks again

Guest timecrisis

Hi Roban,

No those are just me on the post.

I have changed the coding on line 2442 in the \language\en\lang.inc.php file as follows:

Before = include("config.inc.php");

After = include("../shoponline/language/en/config.inc.php");

This stops the error...Is there a way of writing this path to be dynamic?

Can anyone explain this to me as I am not really sure why this works! lol

Yes my mistake I thought I recognized your signature links as organizations in London...lol..too much staring at PHP code is making me mad. */*

Guest estelle

timecrisis

I'll use this thread because your other one got full up with junk about editors (.... GVim all the way! :))

I'm guessing you have already tried re-uploading the original 3.0.3 lang.inc.php file to make sure there were no upload problems?

In the other thread you said there was an error message about "headers already sent". This is caused by excess space or perhaps newline characters following the ?> at the end of PHP files. Perhaps check that your lang.inc.php file doesn't have this problem, or any other file names that were mentioned in the error messages. (Although I don't think this could be the cause of your include config.inc.php problem).

? And although it probably shouldn't cause any problems, it might be worth checking whether your server has safe_mode turned on or off (Admin -> Server Info).

If you still want to use your hack to the include config.inc.php line, you could make it more dynamic by using something like this:

$glob['rootDir']."language/".$lang_folder."/config.inc.php"

Guest timecrisis

Thanks for the reply,

I should start a website about code editors...

=)

Well I have just installed on another server with the same files and no problems..well apart from I cannot login to the admin...but hey!

Thanks for the code..I will use it..I think it is a hosting issue..but not sure what it is so hard to get them to fix it ;)

Thanks again