Minimum Required Mods

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

Minimal Required Mods

It may be that many of us start out thinking we won't do any mods and then some creep in - either because of functionality issues or to correct what we consider bugs. It takes me a couple of hours to make the modifications in situations where the block of code I modified has not changed and who knows how long if the logic has changed. I mark each block of my code with a beginning and ending comment flag that I can search for and also keep a list of modules changed.

I thought it would be interesting to learn what mods that others think enough of to bother to apply after every new version of Cubecart 3.

Here are mine:

(1) includes/functions.inc.php

Add a function to allow the sorting of 2 dimendional arrays like the arrays used to build the selection dropdown boxes.

(2) admin/categories/index.php

Various blocks to sort the admin category list by category name and the category dropdown box for the parent category in the category maintenance screen

(3) admin/products/index.php

Various blocks to sort the product list by product name by default and sort the category dropdown box in the product maintenance screen.

(4) So far I have brought forward my template set unchanged, but may have to be changed in some updates.

(5) I'm not sure if it is in the above or somewhere else, but I also keep the mod for category description working as well as modifications to display the sub-category thumbnails.

I suppose I should run each new minor version without mods first before modifying to make sure that I still need the modification.

I am making the above changes with every update. What modifications do others think enough of to keep applying?