lang.inc.php

Guest timecrisis

Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

I have been having errors relating to line 2442 in language/en/lang.inc.php

The errors I recieved said that it was unable to find config.inc.php

Line 2442 reads include("config.inc.php");

I have changed this to include("/home/sites/web/cubecart/language/en/config.inc.php");

I am not sure if this is a bug in Cubecart or just relates to my server set up?

The comments say that line 2442 was added in V3.0.3

Is there anyway to make my edited code more dynamic?

Is this code change going to cause other problems?

Guest sunshine

Hi Timecrisis,

I have been having errors relating to line 2442 in language/en/lang.inc.php

The errors I recieved said that it was unable to find config.inc.php. Line 2442 reads include("config.inc.php");

Line 2442 is looking for the config.inc.php file located in the language folder /en/config.inc.php.

Do you have language/en/lang.inc.php wherever you are trying to install CC?

I have changed this to include("/home/sites/web/cubecart/language/en/config.inc.php");

I'm not sure what you did here or why. If this is webhosting site, that does not look right either. It need to be in the public directory so the public can see your shop.

Upload the config.inc.php file again. It may not be there or is corrupted. It resides in language/eng/

Guest tbladecki

Did you happen to open the file in "notepad"??? If so that is where the error came from, you have to replace the file via ftp with a "clean" copy.

For some reason, notepad liles to change thinks once in awhile... I have had this same error a number of times and what happens is that it removes a closing statment on a line, but you have to look at EVERY line in order to find it as it changes each time..... I would also suggest using PHPDesigner or BBEdit or anything similar to modify files, just dont use notepad....

Hope it helps :)

Has anyone else had this problem with Notepad? I have used Notepad exclusively to write HTML and CSS for over six years with no problem, and for the past year or so have edited many PHP files with no problem.

I can't stand WYSIWIG programs, and do not know which fancy text editor I should use in place of Notepad.

It might be good to read about other's experiences here . . .

Guest sunshine

Topsite is a pretty good CSS editor. it has split screen so you can view your changes/results. I've heard people mention Crimson Editor as a free one. You can download that fron cnet downloads.

For PHP, I luv luv love my Dreamweaver!! :D

notepad for spme reason has started putting some white space in code which cc3 not to keen on

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<dreamweaver all the way

if it wasnt for dreamweaver i wouldnt be here now :D

Guest vrakas

Someone in this forum introduced Crimson Editor it is simply excelent. :D

Opens all kind of files and has lines, columns numbers and the most important a undo button B)

Crimson Editor is a professional source code editor for Windows.

This program is not only fast in loading time, but also small in size (so small that it can be copied in one floppy disk).

While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for programming languages such as HTML, C/C++, Perl and Java.

The Homepage

Preview Photo

PS:Crimson Editor is FREEWARE . You are free to download and use it.

If you find it useful, please distribute it to your friends without any modification.

I thank the person that introduced this to me B)

Let me know if you like it :D

Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

wow I should have started a topic about text editors!

Basically on line 2442 of the language/en/lang.inc.php

It calls the config file that is the same folder.

For some reason it wasn't finding it...even though it is there, I haven't edited any of these files before I got the error.

I have changed the path to the path from the root of my server space and the errors have gone...

I am no PHP wiz so I am not sure why this is...I just thought I would post it incase anyone else recieves this error...

Thanks for the tips on better software than note pad =)