SHIPPING PRICES PER ITEM

Guest Justin Groves

Guest Denver Dave

Basic Shipping prices per Item ?

I'm glad someone else asked. I figured I was missing the obvious. We have per item shipping mentioned several times - silly me, I guess I'm gullable:

(1) In Shipping Modules we have a Per Item shipping option, I gather it really should be titled "Same shipping cost for every item" (could be very useful if all items are similar)

(2) In the Category Maintenance Screen there is a per item shipping cost, but I seems to be set the same shipping cost for every item in the category - could be very useful sometimes, but other times even the 1 pound rock and the 100 pound rock would have the same shipping cost.

Seems very strange that there isn't a field to just set the darn shipping and handling cost for the item and be done with it. That would help handle that 10 foot x 10 foot hollow plastic rock that does not weigh anything.

Thanks for asking the question - if anyone has anymore info or ideas please post back.

Can you also add " $$$ for additional item " with this mod too? Like I charge $8 for the first shirt but $2.50 each additional....can this be done? & what about international shipments...can I make a seperate charge for in states & international shipping charges

Guest estelle

I've got no idea how Goobers mod works (all I can say is that he makes high quality mods! :))

In regards to the Per Category shipping, that has a base price for National or International shipping, and then a constant additional National/International shipping price for each product added. So as long as you put all items which can have combined shipping into the same category, you could set the category's National shipping price as $5.50, and the National per item shipping price as $2.50. So one item would be $5.50 + $2.50, two items would be $5.50 + $2.50 + $2.50. Etc. And similarly you could set whatever prices you wanted for International shipping.

Guest Justin Groves

Thanks everyone for your replies !, seems i've opened a can of worms :)

anyone got any ideas for other mods i can put on the shop, to include a slideshow type effect to show items on the home page ?

thanks

justin

www.GR8GADGETS.co.uk

• 4 months later...
Guest jccboca

Basic Shipping prices per Item ?

I'm glad someone else asked. I figured I was missing the obvious. We have per item shipping mentioned several times - silly me, I guess I'm gullable:

(1) In Shipping Modules we have a Per Item shipping option, I gather it really should be titled "Same shipping cost for every item" (could be very useful if all items are similar)

(2) In the Category Maintenance Screen there is a per item shipping cost, but I seems to be set the same shipping cost for every item in the category - could be very useful sometimes, but other times even the 1 pound rock and the 100 pound rock would have the same shipping cost.

Seems very strange that there isn't a field to just set the darn shipping and handling cost for the item and be done with it. That would help handle that 10 foot x 10 foot hollow plastic rock that does not weigh anything.

Thanks for asking the question - if anyone has anymore info or ideas please post back.

You do have great mods. I just need a generic shipping option for standard & overnight, not assopciated with UPs or anything. Can yu help?

Thanks,

JCC