Anyone have UPS Shipping Working ??

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

UPS shipping v 3.0.3

I guess I'll just cut to the chase. Does anyone have UPS Shipping working in CC 3 ? I can't seem to get past the "We cannot ship our products to your country." error when continuing to View Cart #2

The only place I can see to specify countries to ship to is in the Per Category shipping option and this does not seem to have an effect on the UPS shipping.

Anyone have UPS shipping working with version 3 ? Any ideas appreciated.

You must have weights entered for each item or the UPS module can't calc the shipping. Or if, the sum of the weights of all the products in your shopping cart exceed UPS's max weight per box of 150lbs, then you'll get that error. There's no solution to the max weight being exceeded yet.

USPS::submit_request: domxml_open_mem is uncallable is the error i get....i just inferred weights on all my products...but i get the same error; ne ideas?

Guest Denver Dave

I have weights for the items that I'm trying to purchase. The error is "We cannot ship our products to your country". There was a place to enter country codes for Per Category - is there someplace to do this with Per UPS ? I'm on v 3.0.3

Thanks for the reply - I take it that UPS shipping is working for Trailhunter on version 3 ?

We came up with a temporary fix in another post:

Posted by benlogan:

" ok, do you have access to phpmyadmin? if you do do this:

open up phpmyadmin.

On the pane on the left select your CubeCart database. once it loads, from the list directly below it, select 'cubecart_modules'. when that has loaded, at the top there is a button called 'Browse', click this button.

now, find any reference to ALL shipping methods, i.e. Flat_Rate

tick the box next to them on the left, then click the big red cross in the bottom right hand corner of that table.

answer yes to confirm deletion.

Now that has just deleted any shipping setting you may have. now you can start fresh with shipping methods.

ok, now enable ONLY the shipping method you want to use. now the problem is,

if a certains countries ISO code isnt listed, you WILL get that 'no shipping' error."

posted by me in response:

"Go to the ship by category module and enable it. Under "national countries" add the country from which you are shipping from and in international countries add this list. (do not remove the country you placed in national countries). This will fix the "we do not ship to your country" error no matter what shipping type you use. If you dont want to use ship by category, just set the category prices to a rediculous amount. This is only a

temporary fix

Heres the list:

AF,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AR,AM,AW,AU,AT,AZ,BS,BH,BD,BB,BY,BE,BZ,BJ,BM,BT,

BO,BA,BW,BV,BRIO,BN,BG,BF,BI,KH,CM,CA,CV,KY,CF,TD,CL,CN,CX,CC,CO,KM,CG,CD,

CK,CR,CI,HR,CU,CY,CZ,DK,DJ,DM,DO,EC,EG,SV,GQ,ER,EE,ET,FK,FO,FJ,FI,FR,GF,TF,GA,

GM,GE,DE,GH,GI,GR,GL,GD,GP,GU,GT,GN,GW,GY,HT,HM,VA,HN,HK,HU,IS,IN,ID,IR,IQ,

IE,IL,IT,JM,JP,JO,KZ,KE,KI,KP,KR,KW,KG,LA,LV,LB,LS,LR,LY,LI,LT,LU,MO,MK,MG,MW,MY

MV,ML,MT,MH,MQ,MR,MU,YT,MX,FM,MD,MC,MN,MS,MA,MZ,MM,NA,NR,NP,NL,AN,NC,NZ,NI,

NE,NG,NU,NF,MP,NO,OM,PK,PW,PS,PA,PG,PY,PE,PH,PN,PL,PT,PR,QA,RE,RO,RU,RW,SH,

KN,LC,PM,VC,WS,SM,ST,SA,SN,CS,SC,SL,SG,SK,SI,SB,SO,ZA,GS,ES,LK,SD,SE,SR,SJ,

SZ,CH,SY,TW,TJ,TZ,TH,TL,TG,TK,TO,TT,TN,TR,TM,TC,TV,UG,UA,AE,GB,UM,US,UY,UZ,VU,

VE,VN,VG,VI,WF,EH,YE,ZM,ZW"

Also, please remember, this is only a temporary fix...by doing this all shipping methods will work and you wont get the country error. However, customers will be able to bypass shipping. Just be sure to monitor that until .5 comes out :)

Guest Denver Dave

In addition to enabling Per UPS, I added US to the national and international country codes in the Per Category and enabled it. "I still get We cannot ship our products to your country." with v 3.0.3 if UPS is enabled.

I gather from other posts in this thread that UPS does not really work at this time. If so, it sure would have saved a lot of time if it could have been indicated that UPS does not really work in 3.0.3. :D I gather it still does not work in 3.0.4 and am waiting for 3.0.5.

Is UPS working for anyone? If so, have you done special mods?

Any suggestions appreciated - shall I tell the client, can't calculate UPS shipping now?

Guest Denver Dave

It would probably be a good idea to export a backup copy of the CubeCart_modules table before starting to whack away.

UPS Does work for me...But you just have to follow the directions....delete all the _modules for shipping in mysql etc.
Very strange. So if we delete all except UPS? No I tried that and still get the "We cannot ship our products to your country" ... OK, I'll delete UPS also. Now can't enable UPS ... just says UPdate failed.... OK I'll add back a record for UPS ... oh wait, said failed, but record actually added.

OK, only one record now UPS ... set's Try an add. still get "We cannot ship our products to your country." OK how about add Per Category.... interesting it remembers the US Country codes.... enable, now have 2 records in the Modules table - UPS and Per Category. Still get "We cannot ship our products to your country."

Without the Per Category Module and only UPS, were do we add the country codes?

Thanks - nice to be discussing UPS with others that are getting it to work, wish I could be among them.

Guest Denver Dave

Here is some info from UPS.php:

Here is the URL Request (took off http://www. so entire link shows):

ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes

&10_action=3&13_product=2DM

&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=30752

&19_destPostal=80209

&22_destCountry=US

&23_weight=0.5&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=21

&49_residential=1

Here is the returned error message:

UPSOnLine5%The requested service is unavailable to residential destinations.%1215%

Here is the product requested:

2DM == 2nd Day Air Early AM

That was it, the error message displayed Can not ship to country did not reflect the real problem - service unavailable to residential destinations.

I'll keep experimenting, but strange things happening with cart and perhaps cookies.

Guest Denver Dave

ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi

?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3

&13_product=GND

&14_origCountry=US (where is this set ??)

&15_origPostal=30752 (store zip code from general settings ??)

&19_destPostal=80209 (customer zip code)

&22_destCountry=US (customer country)

&23_weight=0.5 (product weight)

&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup

&48_container=21

&49_residential=1 (how did it know residence vs business ??)

Note useful error message from UPS below:

UPSOnLine5%The selected service is not valid with the selected packaging.%1500%

But the CC 3 message is:

We cannot ship our products to your country.

==============

OK... let's try this

Disable Per Category and remove all country codes from the Per Category Screen

Edit the Config to save it

Change UPS to just 2nd Day Air

Clear Cookies

close browser and reopen

login

buy an item

view cart #1

view cart #2 - UPS cost expensive, but shows

I question that the Per Category country settings are related to UPS - does not seem to effect mine. I do have the other shipping module table records cleaned out - I'll reload my backup and retest to see if this has any effect.

Cookies are tenatious - delete the cart items and the View Cart #1 screen includes the shipping in the total, but does not list as a detail item. (this will be a separate discussion from the UPS shipping calculation)

Glad at least something is showing, now need to figure out the packaging I guess - what works with ground - does anything work with ground and air?

========

Tested reloading modules table with all the shipping methods. Still works fine with all other than UPS disabled, no country code in Per Category.

********** Conclusion ***********

Error message displayed by CC 3 is generic "We cannot ship our products to your country." and not very useful or representative of the useful error message being returned by UPS (wish the UPS message was displayed). UPS shipping methods have to be coordinated with packaging. I'm not sure how these need to be entered in the little Packing Code Box (needs to be wider), but I just placed the codes next to each other with no comma or space and worked - should try with comma, would be easier to read.

Other than temporarily modifying the code to see the UPS error message, I did not have to delete records from the modules table, modify the database or modify code to get the UPS to work with V 3.0.3

At this point I guess we have UPS shipping costs - whew ! :)

Guest Denver Dave

debug mode ? That would have been great - how do we turn it on - searched for debug in ups.php didn't find anything. Must be set at a higher level - how do we set debug mode?

I was looking at UPS not USPS, but I suppose that will be next.

Many thanks.

Guest keiichi000

Sorry, I misred the posts and thus posted the wrong information. I don't think there is a debug mode on the UPS module. Thus why I pulled my post and will move it to the proper places [Heh... :) Debugging stuff tends to make you miss letters]

But on the guy eariler about the issue for domxml.. you simply need to install the PHP domxml module and any dependancies it requires.

~k1

Ok...this is a confusing topic but Ill try to reply again:

UPS WILL work if you delete all the _modules INCLUDING UPS and add the country codes to per category shipping type. However, I believe (cant remember for sure) that after you delete them, if a shipping method is enabled it will still be enabled so that could be the reason it said update failed (if you dont change anything and click edit it will tell you update failed)...

Now, USPS::submit_request: domxml_open_mem is uncallable is the error I get when trying USPS...So I can't help you there but UPS should work if you follow the directions ive given you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest annasue

I am having the error message "Can't ship to your country" and I'm not sure if it's related to this discussion or not. I have UPS shipping enabled and per item shipping enabled. I don't seem to see where you tell it which countries you ship to???

Guest groovejuice

One thing that worked for me is enabling some of the international shipping options under UPS. I have one enabled for Canada and 2 of the international selections also.

Guest GoodLiteCandles

I am having the error message "Can't ship to your country" and I'm not sure if it's related to this discussion or not. I have UPS shipping enabled and per item shipping enabled. I don't seem to see where you tell it which countries you ship to???

What got it working for me was that I had to make sure every item had a weight to it. Otherwise UPS cant calculate the shipping cost.

If anybody still cant get it to work try this...

Admin Panel -> Store Config -> Countries & Zones

On page "4" change the "Num Code" of country "Equatorial Guinea" to "840"

This was under Cubecart forum section "Cubecart Bugs"... "Sorry, we do not ship to your country"

A comment by "Thomas Keyworth" says that when a user registers using the USA as a country it puts the "226" Num Code instead of "840" so changing what I said should fix all problems. (it did for me)

Guest gasketking

I am having same error message "Can't ship to your country"

I can't use this cart if UPS doesn't work properly

Using 3.0.5 Glad i haven't purchased the license yet

PHP Version: 4.3.11

MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard

• 4 weeks later...