shipping

tthe1t

Guest sunshine

Hi Tthe1t,

Have you set up any accounts with a shipping provider? What version CC are you running and was it a fresh install? Please provide more details and I'm sure someone will be able to help you here.

You could also trying doing a search on the particular shipping method your having problems with.

Guest estelle

tthe1t - shipping prices are only shown on the third checkout page. I.e:

1. View/Modify Cart

2. Enter Delivery Address

3. Select Shipping Method <---

After a fresh install, you will only have one shipping method enabled - Free Shipping.

Hi Tthe1t,

Have you set up any accounts with a shipping provider? What version CC are you running and was it a fresh install? Please provide more details and I'm sure someone will be able to help you here.

You could also trying doing a search on the particular shipping method your having problems with.

I have successfully (I think) set up a fresh install of 3.0.4 of the shopping cart. I have an account with PayPal set up and that part seems to be working seamlessly (I have received seveal orders) but I am not able to set up any of th shipping mods to apply shipping. I have disabled the free shipping and tried to set up all the other modules but each time the shopping cart shows an n/a for shipping??? I am really stumped. Love the store and service just frusterated about the shipping thing it will probably be something very simple to correct. the store is lcated at http://www.justwhimz.com/store/

Again thanx for any and all help

T

Guest estelle

Since you're in the US you will probably want to use USPS or UPS or whatever, but I think there might be some bugs which still need to be fixed in these shipping methods.

I have shipping By Weight working successfully. If you want to try it out, enter something like this:

Zone 1 ISO countries: US

Zone 1 handling: 0

Zone 1 first class: 1.0:5.0,2.0:10.0

Zone 1 second class: 1.0:15.0,2.0:30.0

This will provide a shipping options of $5 or $15 (eg. regular or express) if the cart weight is less than 1.0 kb/lb, and it will provide a shipping option of $10 or $30 if the cart weight is less than 2.0 kg/lb.

And if you're interested in a different shipping method, browse/search the General Support forum first and see what problems people are having / bugs they have found.

I had the same problem an i got the same answere you got but i found two solutions= 1: the shipping per category is the only one that works ok so i dint have no other choise but to use it, you can weigh your products and if you know that 99% of computers wreigh 40 pounds then you can just cofigure that category to be $10 handling an $30 shipping or however... 2= as the other person told yo: the shipping will say 0 at th benng but then in the 3rd process it will display. but again; this nly work for shipping per category module and you should disble all others..... oscommerce has less defects but i like cubecart because of the kiler dezighn and other shoppingcarts are not so flexible wen you make mystakes in the codes, i hope that helps..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darmarat

I'm a little bit on the slow side here :D

I don't quite understand how these zones and pricing work?

Can someone explain a bit more throughly or point me to a bit of a tutorial

Thanks in advance

Darcy

It's the same system I use. It's explained at the bottom of the shipping by weight edit page:

1:1.29 = Any item 1lb or less will cost $1.29

so

1:29,2:2.50,3:3.75,5:5.0

any item 1lb or less = $1.29

any item 2lb or less, but more than 1lb = $2.50

any item 3lb or less, but more than 2lb = $3.75

any item 5lb or less, but more than 3lb = $5.00

just imagine the ':' is a '='

I just wish the USPS calculator worked. That would be very class-act. :rolleyes:

Guest limkimpoh

Hi, i have a question here.

If each of my product weighs 0.1kg, and that's 1unit in quantity right ?

So if the shipping rates 1:1.29 means a dollar twenty-nine cents for every kilo, then it means it would be a dollar twenty-nine cents for 10 units ?

But i get an error, saying we cannot ship an order of that quantity, why ?

It did not exceed that limit, why cant it get processed ?

Please advice on this ;)