Linking to products from another site

Guest suzakunoaijin

Guest suzakunoaijin

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to link to specific products from the main website. We just installed CubeCart having used Microsoft bCentral in the past and while bCentral sucked, the one thing we liked about it was that the shopping cart was separated from the rest of the website. Our website is located here: (http://www.krausescandy.com) if you want to see what I mean.

So I was hoping someone could help me with this. Thank you very much for your time!

Guest suzakunoaijin

I would like to have items from Krausescandy.com link to CC so that customers can shop and browse on our website but when they want to buy an item, it shows them the Cube Cart shopping cart. :) I hope that makes sense and thank you for the quick reply! :D

Guest estelle

Dave's suggestion would work. But there is one downfall... the user would click "Add to Cart" on the first page, and then they would also have to click "Add to Basket" on the CubeCart page, before the item would finally be added to the cart.

As long as all your product codes are unique, you could try putting this on your own webpages (you will need to test it thoroughly!):

<form action="cart.php?act=cart" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="productCode" value="TESA31" />

<input type="submit" name="submit" class="submit" value="Add to Cart"/>

</form>

You will need to correctly set the product code for each product (i.e. where "TESA31" is shown above).

You would also want to check that the links on the CubeCart cart page either keep the customer in the cart, or return the customer to your own webpages (non-CubeCart). Otherwise the customer could start browsing your products through CubeCart, and you probably wouldn't want that (?). I.e. Empty Cart is fine, Homepage would need to be changed (in General Settings), and Previous Page may or may not work correctly - you would need to test it.

Guest suzakunoaijin

Thank you guys for the suggestions! estelle, that's exactly what I was looking for. I think it's should work just fine, though I'll be sure to check everything thoroughly before making it live.

Also, each product has multiple options: A person can choose to order a 1 lb. box of candy, but it can be milk and dark chocolate, only milk, or only dark chocolate. Each option has its own product code. Is there a way for the customer to select what they'd like and have it added to the cart?

Again, many thanks for all your help!

Guest estelle

No worries... i don't mind helping. In fact, recently I've been addicted to trying to help everyone out on this forum.... when really i should be working on my own cart! :):D

Well in that case its a good thing you have separate product codes for each! I haven't testing this, but something similar should work:

<form action="cart.php?act=cart" method="post">

Select your flavour: 

<select name="productCode">

<option value="C1LBDARK" >Dark Chocolate</option>

<option value="C1LBMILK" >Milk Chocolate</option>

<option value="PRODCODE" > ...Etc... </option>

</select>

<input type="submit" name="submit" class="submit" value="Add to Cart"/>

</form>