can I trim registration

Guest turnings

Guest turnings

Can I remove an html table from the registration template without breaking something?

Specifically I want to take out the 'telephone' input area.

:)

Guest turnings

There are a number of files tied to it through includes - plus I'm not sure how the javascript involved is effected. I ran a couple of tests when I thought everything was cleaned up and I still get JS error flags. Obviously I'm not going at this the correct way.

Any tried and true method for making this happen?

Yeah, Im wondering the same. Brooky, I think you should make the next version have options for registration. Like...what fields are required and which ones arent....etc. etc.

Guest turnings

I would also like to see some additional switches in the admin to turn off various portions of the reg process. (or at least render them not required).

I do understand that a minimal amount of info is required if shipping tangible goods.

I have just never called a customer on the phone. I think folks doing business on the net would rather leave their communicatons web based.

Just an opinion.

As I have heavily modded template files and too lazy to access original templates. Here is a quick and dirty fix for removing phone number from registration form.

Delete from

*skin/styleTemplates/content/reg.tpl

Telephone code

Cellphone code

You should be able to distinguish what belongs to what by comparing it to the fields around it.

Insert

<input name="phone" type="hidden" id="phone" value="00000000000" />

That will just stick 00000000000 in as phone number for all clients, so they do not have to fill it in themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest estelle

Yes, in most cases you can just remove the <input> tags, and nearby HTML, which you don't want. And CubeCart will simply populate these fields with an empty string.

However there are some that are crutial to the checkout process, mainly the Title field, and another one which I won't go into right now. If you do wish to remove the Title input field, you will need to replace this with a hidden input field, with value set to an empty string.