Individual Category Title Phrases

Guest sunshine

Guest sunshine

Hi Everyone,

CC3.04 is the shop. My shop will have approximately 10 main categories for the 'Shop By Category" menu. I have a sort of catch phrase title for each them. After considering this further, I realize there's no guarantee the robots will read beyond the main category names. Therefore, I've made the titles simple and obvious i.e. BEDDING instead of 'The Sanctuary' or HOME ACCENTS instead of 'It's All In the Details'.

I would still like to use my little meanings because it helps to form and represent what I want this shop. Here in, lies my question. How can I add a header title to each category? So, when the customer clicks on your standard Bedding in the nav box, it will take you to a page title The Sanctuary?

Name your categories with your tag lines, then do static category links on the main page with the simple text. Any other method would require modding/hacking the database and code to achieve your desired result.

Guest sunshine

I have main photos for the categories. I could put a text layer over the photos but then it be to top heavy because, for ex. this is what is there now.

Bedding

Products in: /Bedding

Sir William, your one of the CC mod genius' here. Do you think you can create a hack/mod? I'll pay. My guess is other CC'ers would be interested too.

Have to think this through a little further.

Genius? Wow, you know how to get a guy's attention. :)

Sure, I'd be willing to work on it. Drop me an e-mail and we'll discuss the exact details and work out costs, etc.

bill AT swscripts DOT com