Country Code in wrong format(?)

Guest pushlatency

Guest pushlatency

Hi, I recently installed and started configuring / modifying CubeCart 3.0.4 for my e-commerce site. I've looked around and haven't seen this issues dealt with, so i hope i'm not repeating things.

Right now everything seems to be working for the most part, but I have too main problems.

The country code is being stored as the country ID and not the standard 2-digit ISO in the customer profiles.

For example, if the customer provides United States as their country, when I look up their profile in the admin page it says "country: 226" where I imagine it should say "country: US". This problem also manifests itself when the customer is transfered to the payment gateway. I'm using Linkpoint for credit card payments, and I receive a message "invalid country code" upon arriving at the linkpoint payment page, where I then have to re-enter the address info.

I spoke with Linkpoint support and was told that they need to receive country info in 2-digit ISO all-caps format (ie: US). I'm wondering how I can make sure that CubeCart provides linkpoint with the country code in the right format. I hope I haven't provided too convoluted of an explaination of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Denver Dave

If you haven't done so and are able to, you might hack the code and print out the actual information being sent to Linkpoint.

This sounds an awful lot like my "We do not ship to your country?" issue with UPS shipping where the error message was not representative of the actual problem. Once I printed out what was being sent and the actual error returned by UPS it was obvious I was using the wrong packaging for shipping method and nothing was wrong with the country.

Also, you might be able to populate a test and see if LinkPoint accepts (have to use exactly the same url with parameters that is specified with Link Connect).

Just an idea.

Guest sunshine

The country code is being stored as the country ID and not the standard 2-digit ISO in the customer profiles.

For example, if the customer provides United States as their country, when I look up their profile in the admin page it says "country: 226" where I imagine it should say "country: US". This problem also manifests itself when the customer is transfered to the payment gateway. I'm using Linkpoint for credit card payments, and I receive a message "invalid country code" upon arriving at the linkpoint payment page, where I then have to re-enter the address info.

I spoke with Linkpoint support and was told that they need to receive country info in 2-digit ISO all-caps format (ie: US). I'm wondering how I can make sure that CubeCart provides linkpoint with the country code in the right format. I hope I haven't provided too convoluted of an explaination of the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I hope this is one of the fixes, I just applied for Linkpoint :(