MySQL installation

Guest pippopluto

Guest pippopluto

Hi All,

i'm a newbie.

I have a new website manageable with cPanel.

Now i have to install MySQL using cPanel, and then manuallyinstall Cubecart 3.0.4 on it.

I read many things about database permissions, but i can't work it out.

Can someone help me??

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello,

You shouldn't need to install MySQL. What you need to do is to create a MySQL Database. There is a huge difference.

You should have a MySQL Management tab in your Cpanel, from which you can create databases, database users and passwords.

Start with reading some tutorials from your hosting company for creating MySQL Databases.

Cheers.

Guest sunshine

Hi Pippopluto,

It's quite easy to create a db. Go to your cPanel and click on the MySQL icon.

About a 1/3 down once in the MySQL area, insert whatever name you want the db to be called, then click 'Add db'. Done. Now you need to create a user who can access/write to the db. Just below there is a field that says db users which is more than likely blank. Input a name into the field. Then click add. That will be the user. Now the last thing you need to do is go to the very top of the page. You are now going to assign the user permission to access the db. There are 2 drop-down boxes side by side. Make sure both the appropriate name and db name are showing in the fields. There are a bunch of boxes that you can click/check. Make sure the Priveleges box is checked. Then click 'Add User to Db' Voila! You did it ;)

Now you've got to write this info down because you will need it to install CC.

Your username and db begins with whatever your name is to access your cpanel.

Ex: yourusername_dbname

Ex: yourusername_dbusername

EDIT: I forgot to add to the above that you will need to also write down the password you assign to the dbuser.